Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
To begin I feel obliged to third Arms and the Man as I have ashamedly read very little of GBS.
I will fourth Arms and the Man for similar reasons!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #17
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'll second the Iceman Cometh.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I will second The Iceman Cometh.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #19
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Success! Everything's now working again. I title yesterday "As My Mobile Lay Dying".

Anyway, I had tried to edit the noms yesterday on the mobile before posting, even though it was going to be a laborious process, but it wouldn't give me a scroll bar on the post box I was editing so I couldn't scroll down to the necessary text.

I'll update noms now. Still open for about eight more hours.

ETA - HomeInMyShoes, you actually thirded The Iceman Cometh.

Last edited by sun surfer; 10-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will second Six Characters in Search of an Author.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I will third The Country Wife.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
guanaco
Recovering reader
guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guanaco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I 'll support the Oresteia. It's a classic.
guanaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'll fourth The Iceman Cometh, The Oresteia and The Country Wife to get them in the voting.

I'll third The Lower Depths to get it one step closer.

Nothing worse than having a vote for 1 selection.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #24
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Nothing worse than having a vote for 1 selection.
Hooray! I was hoping there was someone else awake in a time zone out there to push some more nominations into the voting phase. It is a very interesting month.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 AM   #25
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
And nominations are closed. Poll will be up shortly.

We wouldn't have had a vote with only one nominee; if only one nomination was fully nominated by close (or none), we would've also used the nominees with the next highest amount of votes until we have at least two nominees for the vote...but even so it's always better to get enough fully nominated ones!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #26
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'll update noms now. Still open for about eight more hours.
aargh, still cannot get around the time difference! my fault, of course!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #27
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I'll use my final nomination to fourth The Lower Depths by Maxim Gorky.

Oops! Looks like I was too late. Sorry!

Last edited by fantasyfan; 10-04-2012 at 04:55 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Maybe thirty years ago I saw Noises Off with Linda Thorson on Broadway, and enjoyed it very much, as did the entire audience.

Very, very funny. So if it's not too late, that's what I nominate.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote