Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
KF8 on Kindle for Android?

Hi, I have some questions about KF8 format.

I converted epub to mobi using kindlegen 2.5 and sent it to my Kindle account using "Sent to Kindle". I am not sure if Kindle for Android rendered the contents on mobi7 or KF8.

I tried using Calibre to convert and set the MOBI output to "New" (I guess it means only KF8 format) and sent it using "Sent to Kindle". After the uploading finished, I still got nothing to download to Kindle.

Does Kindlegen 2.5 generate both mobi7 and KF8 during conversion?
Can Kindle for Android 3.6.0.87 read KF8 format?

Thanx in advance.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Hi, I have some questions about KF8 format.

I converted epub to mobi using kindlegen 2.5 and sent it to my Kindle account using "Sent to Kindle". I am not sure if Kindle for Android rendered the contents on mobi7 or KF8.

I tried using Calibre to convert and set the MOBI output to "New" (I guess it means only KF8 format) and sent it using "Sent to Kindle". After the uploading finished, I still got nothing to download to Kindle.

Does Kindlegen 2.5 generate both mobi7 and KF8 during conversion?
Can Kindle for Android 3.6.0.87 read KF8 format?

Thanx in advance.
I'm not sure if KF8 is supported yet on Kindle for Android.

For some reason side loading KF8 books to some devices doesn't always work, even if the app supports KF8. You might try emailing the KF8 book to the device's Kindle address.
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
JimCanuck
JimCanuck began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
KF8 is supported in Kindle for Android and has been for a while. [self-promotion deleted -MODERATOR]

It seems that Kindle for iPad is the only reader app that awaits KF8 support. Recently I found KF8 support on Kindle for Mac and Kindle for Windows.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-22-2012 at 11:50 AM.
JimCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
KF8 is supported by K4Android; the problem is personal documents service doesn't support KF8 (unless it changed very recently). I've had to revert to using dropbox to getting KF8 files to my Kindle devices wirelessly.

Kindle for iPad also has KF8 support BTW.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote