Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
moolash
moolash began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Having trouble reading Salon.com

I have a Kindle 2 and I am having trouble reading Salon.com. When I download it from calibre, I am asked to download the story from my Kindle to read it but the Kindle does not have enough memory to download. This is a change from a few weeks ago when I had no problems reading the stories in Salon.com. Has something changed? Can this be fixed? I am new to this technology and have very little knowledge in this area.
moolash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolash View Post
I have a Kindle 2 and I am having trouble reading Salon.com. When I download it from calibre, I am asked to download the story from my Kindle to read it but the Kindle does not have enough memory to download. This is a change from a few weeks ago when I had no problems reading the stories in Salon.com. Has something changed? Can this be fixed? I am new to this technology and have very little knowledge in this area.
I suspect you have too many books stored on your K

Might be time for some weeding
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Moderator Notice
Moved post to it's own thread. Please do not hijack threads with off topic posts. When in doubt start a new thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-17-2011 at 06:25 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
moolash

I have less than 150 books on my Kindle 2. Could that be too many? Salon is the only download from calibre that requires a download on my Kindle. This is new in the last few weeks. With all of the other calibre downloads I can read them without doing anymore downloads. I think there is a flaw in the Salon download from calibre ?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have less than 150 books on my Kindle 2. Could that be too many? Salon is the only download from calibre that requires a download on my Kindle. This is new in the last few weeks. With all of the other calibre downloads I can read them without doing anymore downloads. I think there is a flaw in the Salon download from calibre ?
If I'm reading this right you are using calibre to fetch the salon.com file via a recipe supplied by calibre? If so there may have been a change to the salon web site.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
moolash

I suppose that could be right. Is there anything that could be done to fix this? Can someone make a change to calibre so it would download the oldway?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I suppose that could be right. Is there anything that could be done to fix this? Can someone make a change to calibre so it would download the oldway?
I moved the thread to the recipe section. Hopefully you will get the help you need here. If not consider submitting a bug report to bring it to the developers attention.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
moolash

Thanks...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I tested the salon.com recipe. It's not picking up content, so it will have to be fixed. The site has changed and the recipe will need to be changed to match. It has nothing to do with Kindle memory, although if the Kindle can access the web with a browser, it might be possible to jump from the empty recipe-created-ebook to the salon website.

There are some tips you can try to fix the recipe yourself in the sticky at the top of the recipe forum. You can also try contacting the author to see if he will fix it. Or, someone here may take up the challenge.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
moolash

Salon.com has been fixed so I can now read it on my Kindle through Calibre. Thanks to all who helped to fix this. However I am having the same problem with Rolling Stone. Can someone look into this and perhaps fix it so I can download to Calibre and then send to my Kindle? Thanks. I am very new to this technology but I love it.......