Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is there a way to calculate the total filesize of selected books?

I used tags:"=.Fanfiction" and selected all the books in the Fanfiction category. I'd like to calculate the total size of all these books, preferably without copying every single one of them to another library and checking the folder size. (I just want to see if I can fit them all on my eReader at once.)

Any options I missed somewhere to check?

Thanks.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
check sum column plugin. I haven't used it, so I am not sure it fulfills your needs. One caveat is that calibre size column shows the size of the largest format (if you have multiple formats per book).
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Sum Column plugin will do what you want. But, it only does the calculation for custom columns. And the size column is a bit different to others. You would need to add a custom column for the book size with the template:

Code:
{:'booksize()'}
That will show the size in bytes of the largest format for each book.

Alternatively, you can create a catalog for the books in CSV format and then open that in a spreadsheet.

Or, if you are like me, just send the books to the device knowing that once it is full, they will stop. Though, it is a good idea to leave about 100MB free on Kobo devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:15 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is where an 'advanced' file manager comes in useful. I use xplorer², it has a Browse Flat feature that lists all the files in a directory tree.

For a calibre library I would remove (from the list) the files that live at the top of the tree, sort on extension and then remove the cover.jpg, metadata.opf files. I can then filter on file type, if I select all files (Ctrl+A) the number of files and total size is shown in the status line.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thank you
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert