Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-16-2019, 06:00 AM   #1
dnn3
dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dnn3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
"Kindle Feedback" in Library - PW4 - 5.12.2

Hi there,

I have an annoying feedback square in my library. It appeared after the update to 5.12.2
What can I do to get rid of it?

FW: 5.12.2 JB, KUAL installed

Last edited by dnn3; 12-16-2019 at 06:04 AM.
dnn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
This is due to presence of "PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_ GMC" file in the kindle root directory.
It's one of the elements of JB that allows i.e. SW downgrade.

You can try to remove the file, but there are two concerns:
- It's easier to loose JB without this one.
- It'd be probably recreated by JB bridge after restart.

EDIT:

I bet the correct approach would be to patch the Kindle Application Framework /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/kaf.jar, so it ignores /PRE_GM_DEBUGGING_FEATURES_ENABLED__REMOVE_AT_GMC.

Beside preventing "Kindle Feedback" from showing it should also tame some of the dragons NiLuJe is afraid of after enabling the PRE_GM flag.

So far I've soft-bricked my PW4 like four times already, so I give up for today

Last edited by MrTick; 12-16-2019 at 02:47 PM.
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Does anyone have a solution? I have the same problem.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Arkite View Post
Does anyone have a solution? I have the same problem.
It's not a problem.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...86#post4108986
and further posts.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #5
JohnnyUSA
JohnnyUSA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
My only solution was to create a script that i run once and it hides it. Problem is, if you restart the Kindle, you need to run the script again to hide it back.

If you’re interested, i can post the script here. It’s basically a set of commands to set a value in a DB file (taken from these forums and slightly modified by me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnnyUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2021, 02:54 PM   #6
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyUSA View Post
My only solution was to create a script that i run once and it hides it. Problem is, if you restart the Kindle, you need to run the script again to hide it back.

If you’re interested, i can post the script here. It’s basically a set of commands to set a value in a DB file (taken from these forums and slightly modified by me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume this script can only be run on a jailbroken Kindle? I un-jailbroke mine by restoring factory settings and installing the latest firmware (deliberately I might add!), however I am now left with "Kindle Feedback" in my library.
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:16 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGiraffe View Post
I assume this script can only be run on a jailbroken Kindle? I un-jailbroke mine by restoring factory settings and installing the latest firmware (deliberately I might add!), however I am now left with "Kindle Feedback" in my library.
What is the point of removing a jailbreak?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:48 AM   #8
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
What is the point of removing a jailbreak?
A desire for experimentation, and wanting the latest firmware eatures. Anyway, installing 5.13.6 has now got rid of the icon so all good 😁
Old 05-16-2021, 07:50 AM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A desire for experimentation, and wanting the latest firmware eatures. Anyway, installing 5.13.6 has now got rid of the icon so all good 😁
It is possible to update the firmware without removing the jailbreak.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #10
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur

Quote:
I thought this didn’t work beyond 5.13.3. Anyway it really doesn’t matter - I am very happy for this device to not be jailbroken.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:17 AM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Quote:
I thought this didn’t work beyond 5.13.3.
An initial jailbreak can not be performed on a kindle running fw beyond 5.13.3 at this time But, so far, a jailbroken and hotfixed kindle can be updated to any firmware without losing the jailbreak. (Applications are lost and must be reinstalled.)

Quote:
Anyway it really doesn’t matter - I am very happy for this device to not be jailbroken.
Whatever works for you. I'm just trying to clarify facts and minimize potential confusion.