Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #31
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I just did a clear data for the Kindle app on my Nexus 7.1 to see how things are on that device. I don't usually use the Kindle app anymore (or the 7.1 for that matter) so if there are certain things you're doing while having this happen that you want me to try let me know. I have five books plus the dictionary loaded and the totals are...

Total 179MB
App 32.84 MB
Data 147 MB

...so far the totals seem stable, but I'm not really doing anything with the app. I'll keep an eye on it and post back if I start seeing changes.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #32
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
On my Nook hd+, the Kindle app takes up 250mb, and the Google Play books app takes up 2.21gb.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just did a clear data for the Kindle app on my Nexus 7.1 to see how things are on that device. I don't usually use the Kindle app anymore (or the 7.1 for that matter) so if there are certain things you're doing while having this happen that you want me to try let me know. I have five books plus the dictionary loaded and the totals are...

Total 179MB
App 32.84 MB
Data 147 MB

...so far the totals seem stable, but I'm not really doing anything with the app. I'll keep an eye on it and post back if I start seeing changes.

If you feel like playing and you have the latest version of KitKat just open Kindle do a manual sync the close it and see if the Data has change. open it back up let it auto sync then close and reopen and do another manual sync. See if there is any change in the data size. Make sure WiFi is on but I have the size jump also with WiFi off.

Let me know what happens. This just started for me after I got the latest KitKat update then updated the Kindle app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #34
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Definitely post there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Not a member there but do keep an eye on it just in case your space starts going missing ir if you notice your tablet acting odd.
Definitely post your problem at the Nexus 7 Forum here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...7-tablet-2013/

Someone else there may have a solution. I notice the big problem there is the Nexus shutting down spontaneously.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you feel like playing and you have the latest version of KitKat just open Kindle do a manual sync the close it and see if the Data has change. open it back up let it auto sync then close and reopen and do another manual sync. See if there is any change in the data size. Make sure WiFi is on but I have the size jump also with WiFi off.

Let me know what happens. This just started for me after I got the latest KitKat update then updated the Kindle app.
Okay, I've done three manual sync's fairly close in time to each other and my data went from 147MB to 257MB. Did a fourth one and it went from 257MB to 307MB.

Running KitKat 4.4.2 build KOT49H.
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay, I've done three manual sync's fairly close in time to each other and my data went from 147MB to 257MB. Did a fourth one and it went from 257MB to 307MB.

Running KitKat 4.4.2 build KOT49H.
Okay what version is your Kindle app? I am thinking it's not the latest one but the one before last by looking at the size increase. I bet if you keep doing it the size will keep changing.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Definitely post your problem at the Nexus 7 Forum here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...7-tablet-2013/

Someone else there may have a solution. I notice the big problem there is the Nexus shutting down spontaneously.
I don't do other forums. I am gathering info to send to Kindle support. They probably want me to call them after that which I will do. My goal is to get Kindle Support on this so it can be fixed. Brian has confirm on his last year's nexus it's also happening. Jack who didn't update yet doesn't have this problem so that tells me it's something in the latest KitKat update Kindle support needs to look at.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #38
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

It's 4.2.0.101 and the size has now gone to 471MB without me doing anything else. Just ran the update to 4.2.0.151 now.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 12-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
it's 4.2.0.101 and the size has now gone to 471MB without me doing anything else.
Okay there's are two other releases since that one but thank you. I have a copy of that version but didn't test it so we can confirm it happens with the last three versions now.

Can I ask how big is your Archive?

Mine is close to 6000 and I had less than 20 books on it.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #40
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Damn Android is worse than Windows with its annoying update notices!
You can say that again!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I hate that carousel so I never use it. I sure hope they don't put it on the iOS app. I guess something changed between 4.4.0 and 4.4.2 to cause problems. I only use the Nexus 7.2 to control my Canon dSLR camera when doing astrophotography. That doesn't require WiFi, and since it works well with 4.4.0 I think I'll leave it in Airplane mode so I don't get 900 update notices every other day. Damn Android is worse than Windows with its annoying update notices!
Might be a good idea if you use the Kindle app. I use Moon+ so the update was crucial for me to fix the font problem.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Okay there's are two other releases since that one but thank you. I have a copy of that version but didn't test it so we can confirm it happens with the last three versions now.

Can I ask how big is your Archive?

Mine is close to 6000 and I had less than 20 books on it.

Up to 556MB of data now (with 4.2.0.151 which Google Play says is the newest version), still with five books (3 sideloaded, 2 Amazon downloads) + the dictionary loaded. Not growing as fast as it was, but still been growing some.

My book archive is 7,563
Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Up to 556MB of data now (with 4.2.0.151 which Google Play says is the newest version), still with five books (3 sideloaded, 2 Amazon downloads) + the dictionary loaded. Not growing as fast as it was, but still been growing some.

My book archive is 7,563
Google Play gives me 4.3.0.38 when I choose to install it from there.

I need to compose a email to Amazon on all of this.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Google Play gives me 4.3.0.38 when I choose to install it from there.
:shrugs: Both on my device and on the Play website (both logged in and out) I see 4.2.0.151
Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #45
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
:shrugs: Both on my device and on the Play website I see 4.2.0.151
Yeah the play website says 4.2.0.151 but when It installs it says 4.3.0.38 in settings on my N7 so I have no clue why that is.