Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #31
danx
danx began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Pilot m130
I don't know. I was just surprised it worked at all under Wine and I use it in background batch mode. For a TOC, you may need to use Mobipocket Creator 4.0 Home Edition, which might also work with Wine (as a GUI application).
danx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danx View Post
I don't know. I was just surprised it worked at all under Wine and I use it in background batch mode. For a TOC, you may need to use Mobipocket Creator 4.0 Home Edition, which might also work with Wine (as a GUI application).
I've tried it. But found the place where you have to define the ToC confusing. What do I have to put in the HTML and there to make it all match so it works? What I am hoping is maybe I can get an HTML file that I can use with Mobipocket Creator and html2lrf in the same file. That would be fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #33
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I think the standard usage for non-secure .mobi (.prc) files must be
Code:
mobigen.exe your-source-file.html -c1 -s0
I base this on FBReader failing to read "-c2" files (but working on all non-secure MobiPocket files from the major sites I have tried).

The way to get a TOC into the .mobi file is to give it an .opf file as input, i.e. give it an OEB e-book. I tried this with an OEB e-book "exploded" by ConvertLIT from a MS Reader .lit file, and this worked very well. Unfortunately, even though many e-books formats (including .lit and .mobi) are based on OEB, there are very few native OEB tools available.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What about getting page breaks at chapter heads?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:34 AM   #35
ciel-bleu
ciel-bleu began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
I think on linux, wine a win32 version mobipocket reader is possible and not bad to use.
ciel-bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert