Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
Kristoffer_1
Kristoffer_1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Python3 on Aura One

Hello,
I have found old posts where Python2 was insatlled on Kobo devices, Is there a way to run Python3 on the Aura One ?
/ K
Kristoffer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That doesn't ring a bell, no. I only do Python 2, and it is *hell* (the "easier to cross-compile" changes backported from Py3 are a bit of a lie ;D), so, err, good luck? ;D.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #3
Kristoffer_1
Kristoffer_1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Ok , so if I would like to install Py2, any advice how I shall proceed on the Aura One ? Planning of using the Aura as a slave display updating certain fields @ ~2Hz fetching the data from a Raspberry based wedserver....
//K
Kristoffer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kristoffer_1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

To save space, the Python build is shipped without compiled bytecode. Run /usr/local/stuff/bin/python-setup.sh to generate it.
It ships with a few third-party modules just for this type of thing (i.e., requests).
Old 09-27-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!

... And it now actually has a working requests module, Ooops (I broke it around late August).
Advert
Old 07-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #6
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...88#post3864488
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote