Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Kobo never remembers WiFi networks and passwords

My Kobo Glo should store in its "known networks" all the WiFi networks to which I successfully connected. However it never did, not with the original 2.3.1 firmware, neither with the latest 2.8.1 revision.

I see the following in the wifi configuration pane (translated from Italian):
  • Connect to a wifi network -> Connect
  • Edit wifi network -> Edit

I can use the first menu "Connect to a wifi network" to get to a list of available WiFi networks. Once I select a network and enter its password it does something for a while then tells me it is connected. However the network I just connected to is never shown in the "Edit wiki network" page, that is always empty.

If, similarly, I try to sync, the Glo will ask for a network and a password. Once I type them it will connect and sync just fine. However it will forget about this network the second it is finished doing the synchronization.

This happens both with normal networks and with hidden networks.

Browsing the shop or using the browser is just plain impossible, as they require to retype the password at least half a dozen times.
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote