Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #1036
markweaster
markweaster began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by markweaster View Post
Thanks, Terisa! Beta is working great so far!
Hmmm, on Adding to shelf, "Last Read" date is showing up in dialog box AOK, but the field is not being updated in Goodreads.
markweaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #1037
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Trying to repay Terisa's favor to me a few minutes ago ...

Two ways to do this. One I used ...
Go to your Roaming profile folder, e.g. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins
Rename "Goodreads Sync.zip" to Goodreads Sync - Copy.zip"
Copy/Move the beta zip you download into this folder and rename to "Coogreads Sync.zip"
Restart Calibre
Probably overkill, but I like to be cautious.

Way 2 and probably the "correct" way ...

Click Preferences
Click Plugins
Click Load plugin from file
I did not use this second method this time, but it should work AOK.
I think it's surer to use the second method
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #1038
Packerfan
Packerfan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Samsung
Thank You!!

Quote:
Trying to repay Terisa's favor to me a few minutes ago ...

Two ways to do this. One I used ...
Go to your Roaming profile folder, e.g. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins
Rename "Goodreads Sync.zip" to Goodreads Sync - Copy.zip"
Copy/Move the beta zip you download into this folder and rename to "Coogreads Sync.zip"
Restart Calibre
Probably overkill, but I like to be cautious.

Way 2 and probably the "correct" way ...

Click Preferences
Click Plugins
Click Load plugin from file
I did not use this second method this time, but it should work AOK.

Thank you so much...I am back up and running!!
Packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #1039
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hmmm, on Adding to shelf, "Last Read" date is showing up in dialog box AOK, but the field is not being updated in Goodreads.
You are adding it to the "Read" shelf and the date isn't being updated? It's been a while since I did that (usually do it automatically with the progress updating) so I will try and check tonight.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #1040
markweaster
markweaster began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You are adding it to the "Read" shelf and the date isn't being updated? It's been a while since I did that (usually do it automatically with the progress updating) so I will try and check tonight.
Thanks. I just tried it again with a new book, and the Date Read updated on Goodreads just fine. The previous two adds did not, so I am not currently sure what the difference is. I will try to watch for a pattern next time I get a case I can duplicate.
markweaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #1041
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm having an error whenever I try "Add to shelf" feature.

Here's the details:

calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 301
<html><body>You are being <a href="https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml">redirected</a>.</body></html>

My internet works and I'm not sure why it keeps failing.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:55 AM   #1042
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
I'm having an error whenever I try "Add to shelf" feature.

Here's the details:

calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

URL: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml
Response Code: 301
<html><body>You are being <a href="https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/add_to_shelf.xml">redirected</a>.</body></html>

My internet works and I'm not sure why it keeps failing.
That's a redirect and the URL is the non-secure, so it is probably a different symptom of the change that Goodreads has made. The beta I posted on Sunday should fix this.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #1043
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Attached is another beta for the certificate issues. The main change here is that I have updated the code for httplib2 to the latest version. I have also made a small change to load the CA certificates from the OS store. This allowed me to re-enable the certificate validation.

I have tested this on my Windows 10 laptop with no problems. If you get a certificate error on a Windows machine, please visit the Goodreads site using IE or Edge. Then try again. This should get the certificates updated in the system store.

For MacOS and Linux, the change should work, but I haven't tested it. And I don't know how to update the certificate store on the OSes.

If anyone has problems, please report them with the error messages or logs. And if it works, please tell me as well. If it seems to be working I will release this version.
Downloaded beta. Went to Goodreads site with Edge (not my usual), installed beta, restarted Calibre. Now works. (Windows 10, 64-bit, Calibre 64-bit version 3.12)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #1044
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Beta works fine. Thanks for the quick fix and useful comments.

If you are thinking of making any changes to Goodreads Sync (though it's already an awesome plug-in!), it would be great to specify in advance that the Calibre book should be linked with a particular format in GR (if possible) - I spend a lot of time sleecting the Kindle format from the list GR suggests. But thanks again for all that the plug-in does.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #1045
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Device: KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie W View Post
If you are thinking of making any changes to Goodreads Sync (though it's already an awesome plug-in!), it would be great to specify in advance that the Calibre book should be linked with a particular format in GR (if possible) - I spend a lot of time sleecting the Kindle format from the list GR suggests. But thanks again for all that the plug-in does.
+1 for this.
sammayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #1046
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I'm having a problem with linking my books to Goodreads. I get an error message IOError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory. The details are:

calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 2.56 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '16.7.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0: Thu Jun 15 17:36:27 PDT 2017; root:xnu-3789.70.16~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.12.6', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Manage Series && Kindle Collections && Count Pages && Quality Check && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) && KFX Output && Modify ePub && EpubMerge && Resize Cover && Goodreads && Goodreads Sync && EpubSplit && FictionDB && Reading List
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 432, in search_goodreads_to_link_book
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 454, in search_to_link_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 350, in get_goodreads_id_for_isbn
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 156, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1251, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1203, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1139, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 899, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 911, in wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 520, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

What should I do?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #1047
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Get the last beta @davidfor has published in this thread (I think around Sunday).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #1048
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:

Yes, having the ability to default to the Kindle edition where there are multiple editions (or, where multiple Kindle editions, the first one listed in the current dropdown) would be a definite plus.

Thanks.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #1049
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
The beta is working fine here on OS X too, thanks.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #1050
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

How are you linking to the book? If you download metadata and pick the Goodreads book there, then it will take whatever edition Goodreads decided was the one. I doubt that there is a way to change that.

Linking the book using Goodreads Sync is pretty much the same. But, in that case, you can use "Switch Editions" to chose the one you want. I think to do this automatically will mean two searches: one for the book and then a second for the edition. Plus, it can show multiple books to chose from. That would mean searching for the editions for each one, or searching after selecting the book for the editions.

One answer might be to display the editions list if only one match is found when the search is done. That would mean one less click.

I will have a look, but will not promise anything.

Tags
calibre, goodreads