Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
robertofgama
robertofgama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PapperWhite
Question Ebooks vanishes

Hello, i am facing a problem with my library of calibre. After a add a book, i go edit your metadata, i finish the editing, and go to see the book and it just desappear. The information still exist on library but the error says than not have supported formats. And on the folder the file was been deleted.

Someone can resolv this mistery please???
robertofgama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofgama View Post
Hello, i am facing a problem with my library of calibre. After a add a book, i go edit your metadata, i finish the editing, and go to see the book and it just desappear. The information still exist on library but the error says than not have supported formats. And on the folder the file was been deleted.

Someone can resolv this mistery please???
Weird and wonderful. Can you try starting calibre in debug mode (the last item in Preferences), add a book, edit the metadata, etc. The debug log will be available when you exit calibre. Post the debug log (use spoiler tags (see the eye with the X icon between the Youtube and Map icons) to hide the log from view). You might also want to right-click on the book in the library list and then "open containing folder" to see what if anything is there.

Otherwise, I've only seen something similar to this once when an antivirus program would not allow writing to the calibre directories.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are writing to a LOCAL ATTACHED drive and NOT a Network or Cloud drive? (do read the FAQ's at the Main Calibre Help site)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have some program interefering with calibre or you have a broken filesystem which typically happens when you put your calibre library under a file sync program such as dropbox or on a network drive or similar.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
robertofgama

Log Message

This is the log

Spoiler:
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
calibre Log de Debug
calibre 3.21 embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.15.0-38-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '4.15.0-38-generic', '#41-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 10 10:59:38 UTC 2018')
Python 2.7.15rc1
Linux: ('Ubuntu', '18.04', 'bionic')
Interface language: pt_BR
calibre 3.21 embedded-python: False is64bit: True
Linux-4.15.0-38-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-18.04-bionic Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '4.15.0-38-generic', '#41-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 10 10:59:38 UTC 2018')
Python 2.7.15rc1
Linux: ('Ubuntu', '18.04', 'bionic')
Interface language: pt_BR
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 95.6235294118 x 95.5818815331
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.09] splash screen shown
[0.09] Initializing db...
[0.11] db initialized
[0.11] Constructing main UI...
Looking for desktop notifier support from: org.freedesktop.Notifications
org.freedesktop.Notifications found in 0.0 seconds
[0.52] main UI initialized...
[0.52] Hiding splash screen
*** BUG ***
In pixman_region32_init_rect: Invalid rectangle passed
Set a breakpoint on '_pixman_log_error' to debug

[5.41] splash screen hidden
[5.41] Started up in 5.41 seconds with 320 books
Old 11-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
robertofgama

i'm writing on a hard drive in my machine
Old 11-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #7
robertofgama

I'm using Calibre over a Ubuntu 18.04 without anti virus system, i have a Google Drive Sync in this library with the third party solution called Insync.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofgama View Post
I'm using Calibre over a Ubuntu 18.04 without anti virus system, i have a Google Drive Sync in this library with the third party solution called Insync.
There is your culprit.
1)Google drive mangles Calibres title (ID) <this is a long known issue with GD

2) If #1 did not get you, a race can happen when sync is active WHILE calibre is running. You make a change, and the sync puts the old back. ALWAYS pause sync when running Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔️

Read the last item in the calibre FAQ Library Management section, snippet:

Quote:
<snip>

If you are using a file-syncing tool it is essential that you make sure that both calibre and the file syncing tool do not try to access the calibre library at the same time. In other words, do not run the file syncing tool and calibre at the same time.

<snip>

In particular, be aware that Google Drive is incompatible with calibre, if you put your calibre library in Google Drive, you will suffer data loss.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #10
robertofgama

Pause the sync really works, tanks for your help folks!!!

Sorry about the FAQ think.