Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2022, 11:49 PM   #16
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Samples? Purchases are still available for me too, but not the samples, unless I go to the product page.
I don't have any samples in my Content and Devices, the sample I downloaded for this thread was my first
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:36 AM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
None of my 7 samples don’t have a download link (Safari).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #18
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I am also seeing "This title is unavailable for download and transfer" for samples under Digital Content.

Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch.

(Added: They still work for me from the book product pages by selecting "Transfer via computer" under "Send a free sample".)

Last edited by jhowell; 01-12-2022 at 08:26 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Can't say as I ever downloaded and transferred a sample from my Digital Content page. What is lost if the ability goes away? Is it mainly the ability to leave your wifi off and still checkout samples?

EDIT: after checking, none of my content (sample or otherwise) seems to be available for transfer to another device. It won't trip me up, but I can see how it would be a cause for concern for others.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-12-2022 at 08:35 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:32 AM   #20
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
None of my samples have download and transfer.

On a side note, yesterday I looked up an author (Lionel Shriver, if anyone else wants to try the same search) under 'Books' and everything the search returned was an audible 'book'!!! It was hard to navigate to the kindle version of the same search, it’s as if amazon wants to push audible and hide kindle/actual books. I can understand them wanting to push both, but only audible? That was annoying, it meant my search only returned 'free on audible' results. Meaningless to me.

ETA: And, I would suspect amazon are getting ready to remove the download and transfer option altogether. After all, they must know this is the way we all get our kindle books onto our kobos. I wonder how many people actually use it for its intended purpose.

EATA: And all my samples say they are unavailable for download and transfer under the description in the Manage my Content and Devices section. Just in case amazon are changing anything for the regular books, I have been downloading my most recent purchases, of which there are more than I remember making. I don’t know where I’ll buy books if they shut down download and transfer.

Last edited by Pjama; 01-12-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2022, 08:56 AM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Seems to be different for me with different browsers/devices. On my Android tablet with Chrome, ALL of my content says it's unable to be downloaded and transferred via USB. But on my PC with Chrome, it's only the samples that say the same.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:12 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Hmm. I've been cancelled! .
So has Glenn beck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:18 AM   #23
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Life moves on and changes are happening and will continue to happen are regular and sometime unwanted rate. It is the right of the corporations to make those change.
I always look forward to firmware updates. I am a retired IT Professional reads constantly and almost everything I read as Kindle Unlimited. I no longer read for work, now it is for pleasure. Me being very hard of hearing reading has replaced watching TV or moves.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:24 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Just to clarify. "...go to the product page" and then d/l and xfer?
Yes, on the product page, the Send a free sample option has a Deliver to: option for Transfer via Computer. If you choose this, it will then ask which device you are putting it on.

Given this, it is not clear why you cannot do it from Content listing as well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:39 PM   #25
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Given this, it is not clear why you cannot do it from Content listing as well.
I think this along with the differing behavior of the content list depending on the browser used are indications that the change was an unintentional bug.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #26
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, on the product page, the Send a free sample option has a Deliver to: option for Transfer via Computer. If you choose this, it will then ask which device you are putting it on.
Exactly. I've attached a screenshot of what I see on the product page.

From My Content and Devices page, though, none of my samples are available for download and transfer...only to be delivered to a device.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14-36-08 The Great Reset Joe Biden and the Rise of Twenty-First-Century.png
Views:	186
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	191559  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:33 PM   #27
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Well, that some see it and others don't, or some have it half-working with some books but not all, either means:

1. temporary glitch
2. new change that is rolling out in stages
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:35 PM   #28
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Just checked my samples.
All of mine show deliver to device, but I cannot download or transfer any of mine from the content and device page. I can from the product page for now.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:34 PM   #29
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I went to the page for a book, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...w_myk_ro_title and it has the send a sample option. It has my Oasis listed as my default. I clicked send a sample and it said Thanks as usual. But the sample never came and in Manage C/D it is listed and also says: This title is unavailable for download and transfer
I'm not trying to do anything special with it, just have Amazon send it into my Kindle via wifi like all the rest.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:01 PM   #30
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I went to the page for a book, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...w_myk_ro_title and it has the send a sample option. It has my Oasis listed as my default. I clicked send a sample and it said Thanks as usual. But the sample never came and in Manage C/D it is listed and also says: This title is unavailable for download and transfer
I'm not trying to do anything special with it, just have Amazon send it into my Kindle via wifi like all the rest.
For what it is worth, I tried that book from Amazon.ca, it sent the sample to my Paperwhite and Kindle 4 PC 1.34.1 was able to download the sample. Content and Devices does show it as not being available for download and transfer but then another sample I requested also shows as not being available for download and transfer so it might be a sample issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote