Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
mutabor
Enthusiast
mutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-650, PRS-950
Part number for PRS-650 battery

Hi Guy,
does anyone know part number for PRS-650 battery?

I'm looking for replacement battery and the only source I've found is NewPower99.com. But their shipping rate to Singapore is way too high.
mutabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Look there...
A

Edit: Sorry, there is just the number for the PRS350...

Last edited by Analogus; 03-05-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
mutabor
Enthusiast
mutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Thanks! But I'm not sure if you read my message, where I specifically mentioned that the only place where I can find the battery is newpower99.com and there is no way I'm paying $25USD for shipping
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes I read your message. You asked for the NUMBER of the battery. And at least (sorry, not for the 650) for the PRS350 there you find the number (LIS1459MHPC(SY6)). In case of identical batteries this would be the answer.

A.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
mutabor
Enthusiast

Thanks! I'm not sure why there are no PRS-X50 batteries on ebay. There are plenty available for 505, 600, 900 series but not for X50...strange
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
Analogus
Fanatic

I have had a quick look over google:

There are plenty of batteries now for the 350 (good luck for 350-owners) with a very good price. Nothing to find for the 650. But I guess it's just a question of time/search.

A couple of month ago NOTHING could be found for the 350.

A.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@mutabor,
The Sony part number is "A-1786-696-A" and called "BATTERY ASSY".
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
mutabor
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
@mutabor,
The Sony part number is "A-1786-696-A" and called "BATTERY ASSY".
Thanks! I saw this in the service manual but I though that it was referring to a part containing the battery and may be some other components.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
Thanks! But I'm not sure if you read my message, where I specifically mentioned that the only place where I can find the battery is newpower99.com and there is no way I'm paying $25USD for shipping
Considering the probable price of getting it to Sony, for them to replace it, and send it back, $25 (£15-£20?) seems OK - although I don't know how much the battery is.
But even if it's expensive, or cheap as chips, $25 would seem to represent a workable figure ? 'Specially if it prolongs the life of the trusty 650....

( Incidentally, you're obviously going to DIY, a plea - where did you find the "how to" details, I'd like to have that filed away for future possible use.........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
Analogus
Fanatic

Instruction for replacing:

Look here...

Price is around 25$

A.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
$31.82 is the price I got from Newpower99 going USPS for a 650 battery including shipping. But then, I am in the USA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #12
Budman66
Budman66 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Part Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post
Hi Guy,
does anyone know part number for PRS-650 battery?

I'm looking for replacement battery and the only source I've found is NewPower99.com. But their shipping rate to Singapore is way too high.
The Sony OEM part number is A-1786-696-A and believe me $25 is cheap compared to what Sony wants for the battery, I own a PRS-650 so I am speaking from expierience
Budman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Budman66 do you know you are replying to a thread from 2012? Please check the date(s) before replaying/

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-23-2021 at 02:57 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote