Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
charlweed
charlweed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can't download ebooks from ios devices

I have Calibre server 5.32 on Linux (Ubunbtu 20.4), iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1.
I can download ebooks as expected from Windows 10, but not from Apple devices. Apple devices can "Read" books on the server as expected. I suspect this is a SSL/TLS issue that's only for "Download".

When I try to use Chrome or Firefox to download an epub or mobi formatted file, the browser displays an unhelpful "Download Failed" pop-up. When I try to use Safari, instead of a message pop-up, the page changes to the message:
Code:
Failed to load books from calibre library, with error:
Failed to communicate with "/interface-data/books-init?library_id=speculative_fiction&sort=timestamp.desc&1638471540815", network error. 
Is the server running and accessible?
When I examine the output from calibre-server I see many copies of :

Code:
Dec 02 11:02:45 executor calibre-server[280216]: Unhandled exception in state: State: do_ssl_handshake Client: 192.168.0.8:56012 Request: WebSocketConnection
Dec 02 11:02:45 executor calibre-server[280216]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Dec 02 11:02:45 executor calibre-server[280216]:   File "calibre/srv/loop.py", line 621, in tick
Dec 02 11:02:45 executor calibre-server[280216]:   File "calibre/srv/loop.py", line 215, in do_ssl_handshake
Dec 02 11:04:27 executor calibre-server[280216]: OSError: [Errno 0] Error
As far as I can tell, these errors are only printed when I click the "Download" button, NOT when I click the "Read" button.

Any help on this would be appreciated
charlweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try it without ssl first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:26 PM   #3
charlweed
charlweed began at the beginning.

Device: none
I disabled SSL, and found that downloads works as expected on iPadOS 15.1 :/
charlweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm, well I dont have any insight to offer, according to those logs the device isnt doing the SSL handshake properly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, error, ssl