Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
Unhappy ipad mini has problems help

well i udate my ipad from 7 to 8 then 8.1

ever since i have use ios 8 in any form

my keyboard gets stuck
keyboard lags
the dark blue back ground in i books and the magazine changes to white
and i dont like it

and trying to sign in amazon is a pain
took 12 x to night

fist it when to the help and delivery info
then the page for if u lost your password
oh and its lost my magazine again

please tell me im not the only one having problems with there ipads.

can any one help cus im getting very annoyec when the screen seem to have a mind of its own.

sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It's ios 8 problems, it's not the mini, nothing you can do just persevere with it. If you think your ipad is particularly bad you need to book an apointment at the Apple Store to see what they can do.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Are you talking about the theme of the apps? The background changing to White from a dark setting might be the Auto-Night Theme setting unless you just mean that you don't like Apple's aesthetic decisions. If you mean when reading then when you are in iBooks touch the middle of the screen to pull up the reading options, touch the aA button and see if "Auto-Night Theme" is green (slid to on). If it is and you don't want it to be, just touch the slider and it will turn grey, now you can control the settings manually.

If it is really terrible you might try doing a reset of your Mini in Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. But think of this as a nuclear option that you don't necessarily want to do unless everything seems hopeless. And make sure to backup your iPad using iCloud or iTunes on your computer first.

If this is the first Mini to be released it is (internally) essentially an ancient iPad 2 and iOS 8.1 doesn't run super great on that hardware FOR NOW... there will be many improvements that will hopefully pump up the performance on those old devices.

My iPad Mini 2 hasn't had any problems with iOS 8 so far, but I did the update from a clean state.

Last edited by Anthem; 11-13-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
My keyboard periodically pops up on the lock screen of my mini, the only cure is a reboot. I dont seem to have any other issues (touch wood). I suspect its because for 8.1.1 I allowed an OTA upgrade instead of clean install (I'm sick of having to back up and go thru the whole shebang from start to finish, but I may have to do that, in order to cure the problem, which is clearly a leftover from somewhere else.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:39 AM   #5
Cindy001
Cindy001 began at the beginning.

Device: none
In fact IOS system is now in beta, often with fixed system, I have encountered this problem, so it downgraded again.
Cindy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy001 View Post
In fact IOS system is now in beta, often with fixed system, I have encountered this problem, so it downgraded again.
What?
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
burnafterreading
Groupie
burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Arc7HD/10HD, smartphones
i avoided upping the firmware on my 1st-gen iPad mini to iOS 8.x and kept it at 7.1.2 since i think that the hardware is too old to run the newest firmware / software. i wouldn't install Win7x64 on a 286. i would have left it alone, but since you've gone forward and Apple is GOD, you can't go back to 7.1.2 unless you jailbreak the thing. i'd strongly consider doing that - backup what you can, jailbreak it, and install 7.x and leave it the heck alone.

i gave my mini away to my folks and told them to avoid updating the firmware. they're enjoying using it as-is (7.1.2) while i enjoy my Androids.
burnafterreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I did a clean install on my Mini (1st gen) and its fine now. All previous issues gone, no lags for anything
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 AM   #9
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have heard so much bad stuff about iOS8 that I think I'm gonna stay with 7 for quite a long time more. I never upgraded as 7 works perfectly well and I'm perfectly happy with it. I will go with the old say: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #10
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
I am running IOS8.1 on my 1st gen Mini with no problems.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:47 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
I have heard so much bad stuff about iOS8 that I think I'm gonna stay with 7 for quite a long time more. I never upgraded as 7 works perfectly well and I'm perfectly happy with it. I will go with the old say: "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
Precisely why I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #12
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Precisely why I'm still running iOS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4.
Hello Harry...

Based on experience with my 16GB iP4, you can, should you choose, safely go to IOS 7.1.2.

Been there for a while now with no alarums or excursions. I know some folk are worried about its perhaps slowing down the iP4, but I've not found it so.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote