Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 05:18 AM   #1
Biloute75
Biloute75 began at the beginning.

Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe, European Union, the Northern Hemisphere, Earth ...
Device: Kobo Aura One
Overdrive does not appear in my Aura one

Hi guys,

I just bought the new Kobo Aura one and OverDrive does not appear in the settings.

I did download the OverDrive apps on Android market and I have the last firmware (February 2017)

I live in Denmark (In case Kobo would apply some restrictions according to a black countries list :-)

Regards,

Last edited by Biloute75; 02-26-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Biloute75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, Overdrive is not available in Denmark. The list of countries it is available to is one the Kobo site. There has been discussion here on how to workaround this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Biloute75
Biloute75 began at the beginning.

Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe, European Union, the Northern Hemisphere, Earth ...
Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, Overdrive is not available in Denmark. The list of countries it is available to is one the Kobo site. There has been discussion here on how to workaround this.
Hi David,

Thank you for the prompt answer.

Strange what you tell me. I can see there is this website which propose OverDrive system.

By the way, even OverDrive would not be available in Denmark. Does Kobo customize the firmware of Kobo according to the country where you live. People travel and I can visit one where OverDrive is available.
Biloute75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, I should have said "Overdrive integration with the Kobo Aura ONE is not available in Denmark". I have no idea whether OD is available in what countries, just that the OD function on the Aura ONE is limited to a small set of countries.

The firmware is the same everywhere. But some functions depends on details from your Kobo account and possible geo-restrictions based on your IP address. OD is one of them. Getting around this has been discussed in other threads here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote