Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 03:53 AM   #1
legueil
legueil began at the beginning.

Device: iDevice
"Release for" in scroll mode

At the end of a chapter in vertical scroll mode where scolling stops, a black box at the bottom with the caption "Release for chapter x" appears. When I release, the next chapter appears, but the box does not disappear until I continue scrolling. I'm on iOS 12. In earlier iOS versions the box disappeared instantly after loading the new chapter.
I know, it's a minor issue, but is there a setting I don't know yet where I can change that behavior?
legueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
No setting to disable the box. I've already sent an email to the app creator about this.

I did find a work around though - instead of dragging up to go to the next chapter you can tap in the left edge of the screen and it will advance the page - if you are at the end of the chapter it advances to the next chapter without the box. You must have "Edge tapping" enabled in "EPUB Book Settings/Vertical Scrolling Mode/". This works with auto-scroll either off or on.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
legueil
legueil began at the beginning.

Device: iDevice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
instead of dragging up to go to the next chapter you can tap in the left edge of the screen and it will advance the page - if you are at the end of the chapter it advances to the next chapter without the box. You must have "Edge tapping" enabled in "EPUB Book Settings/Vertical Scrolling Mode/". This works with auto-scroll either off or on.
That's a good idea! I had "Edge tapping" turned off, but now there is a use for it. Thanks for sharing!
legueil is offline   Reply With Quote