Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #1
moosklenom
moosklenom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Send to Kindle showing as Doc not Ebook

Hi there

First time poster!

I'm using Calibre to convert epub to mobi, then sending to my kindle email address. The problem I have is when they arrive, they arrive as 'doc' files not books. So they don't appear on the kindle app on my mac, but do on my kindle/ipad etc. I have changed the mobi output setting to [EBOK].

Is there anything I need to do?

Cheers
moosklenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you use send to kindle amazon autmatically reprocesses the file to make it a personal doc. If you dont want that, your only recourse is to send via USB cable or content server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #3
moosklenom
moosklenom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When you use send to kindle amazon autmatically reprocesses the file to make it a personal doc. If you dont want that, your only recourse is to send via USB cable or content server.
Thanks for the reply...How do I get it on my kindle with the content server?

Cheers
moosklenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the (experimental) WEB browser built into your kindle.
BTW Kindle is way too generic. please add the model# to the device name. They are all different. I have a K4nt (non-touch) which is different from a K4 (touch)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote