Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have a new Kindle Touch!

I stand corrected I recently gave up my Kindle wifi because I felt like I was reading a lot more on the iPad and I didn't 'need' it anymore. Well...that was fine when all my reading was during quick littl ebreaks at work, but I am off work for the summer and have been reading much more. And I was starting to get wrist issues from holding the ipad all the time!

I tried various solutions, and played with some of the little-sized tablets, but ultimately I have concluded that I just don't want another tablet. I don't want something slightly lighter than the iPad. I want something *much* lighter. I want...well, an ebook reader I was getting frustrated because I felt like I was losing so much valuable reading time by not having the right tools. I have a LOT of downtime right now and want to burn through my TBR pile

I toyed with getting the Aluratek Libre again, since they are on sale right now for $50. And I played with my boyfriend's Kobo Touch too. But I just really enjoy the Kindle ecosystem because I can sync between the reader, the iPad and the iPod Touch (which I read in bed). So for me, it was worth it to get another Kindle, even if it cost more, and be able to do the synccing.

I've only had an hour or so to play with it, but so far I really like it. The wider bezel on the side actually makes it easier to hold without a case than my old Kindle was. I think I may like it better than what I had before!

The only downside is, it cost money But in my case, given my reading habits, I think it will be money well-spent.

So, any tips or tricks you want to throw my way? This is my first touchscreen e-ink reader.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
So, any tips or tricks you want to throw my way? This is my first touchscreen e-ink reader.
Start with the K5 index wiki. You can get there from the Dev Corner master index sticky thread. In the K5 index you can find the Kindle Touch Hacking wiki, and other stuff. Also check out the other indexes (including Tools, Native, Kindlets, etc.)...

And of course there is a lot of stuff (free and for money, at the amazon kindle store).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert