Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What work of fantasy shall we read for December?
Sylvie and Bruno by Lewis Carroll 7 77.78%
Green Rider by Kristen Britan 1 11.11%
Swords and Deviltry by Fritz Leiber 3 33.33%
The Magic City by Edith Nesbit 4 44.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just started Sylvie and Bruno. I've had to skip the author's preface as I found it quite dull and wordy. As for the story, im not far enough in to comment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:20 AM   #17
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I missed this vote but am absolutely delighted with the choice. Sylvie and Bruno is a neglected masterpiece. I look forward to reading it.
fantasyfan, I'm looking forward to your comments; I know this is a type of literature of particular interest to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just started Sylvie and Bruno. I've had to skip the author's preface as I found it quite dull and wordy. As for the story, im not far enough in to comment.
Jon, if you could keep discussion of the text for the discussion thread that would be great. Thanks.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #18
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I will finish Swords and Deviltry today, it's a library book so I needed to read it first, and start Sylvie and Bruno which should put my timing about right for the discussion.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote