Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #1
mossman26
mossman26 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Linking to CSS stylesheet

What can I be missing? My stylesheet CSS is not being applied to my HTML file. Inline CSS in the HTML file works fine. See attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.47.38 .png
Views:	290
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	180685  
mossman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman26 View Post
What can I be missing? My stylesheet CSS is not being applied to my HTML file. Inline CSS in the HTML file works fine. See attached screenshot.
The path (href) is incorrect; it's a relative path so it should start with ../Styles/; dot dot goes up, then it goes down into the Styles folder.

The best (easiest) way to link the CSS file is to right click on the html/xhtml file in the Book Browser and from the popup select Link Stylesheets...

Last edited by hobnail; 07-16-2020 at 12:13 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
The path (href) is incorrect; it's a relative path so it should start with ../Styles/; dot dot goes up, then it goes down into the Styles folder.
That's not necessarily true. The latest versions of Sigil will allow people to create epubs with all files in the same folder (or right at the root of the zip archive) if they so choose. So it could be a valid ebook path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
The best (easiest) way to link the CSS file is to right click on the html/xhtml file in the Book Browser and from the popup select Link Stylesheets...
That's solid advice. No matter the internal structure of the epub happens to be, Link Stylesheets will add it with the correct path.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote