Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Lenovo Yoga Book 2018: eInk Keyboard, Second Screen

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-now-in-e-ink/

Quote:
For 2018, Lenovo ditched the halo keyboard and paper pad and opted for an E Ink panel that can switch between keyboard, note, and e-reader modes. There's also a new embedded fingerprint sensor, new precision pen, and bumped-up specs. All together, those features also bump up the Yoga Book's price to $999.

Do the changes add up to a more competent companion device? After spending some time with the new model, it seems like a lot of the hardware issues with the original Yoga Book may be resolved by Lenovo's updates. In fact, the Yoga Book may even have some more mainstream appeal thanks to these improvements.
Lots more details in the article! This seems really interesting, but that price point is painful.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...-now-in-e-ink/

Lots more details in the article! This seems really interesting, but that price point is painful.
...but it's appropriate to the level of tech in it.
It's not overpriced for a two screen device with a QuadHD screen and a ten inch eink panel. And the motorized lid is a clever idea.

It's a high end product at a mid-range price.
Interesting indeed.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I have some old questions for new innovations such as this.

What does it replace and at what cost?
Was a replacement needed.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
...but it's appropriate to the level of tech in it.
It's not overpriced for a two screen device with a QuadHD screen and a ten inch eink panel. And the motorized lid is a clever idea.

It's a high end product at a mid-range price.
Interesting indeed.
There's already a threaad about it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310452

I am looking to it, but the price is a bit high for my taste. Mostly the processor (using an i5-7Y54 instead of i5-7300U) and memory (4Gb, instead of 8Gb) are the pain points for me (and then mostly the memory).

I'm in the market to replace my aging Surface Pro 2. The biggest problem is that all tablets these days are 12". And I really don't need anything larger than 10"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #5
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There's already a threaad about it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310452

I am looking to it, but the price is a bit high for my taste. Mostly the processor (using an i5-7Y54 instead of i5-7300U) and memory (4Gb, instead of 8Gb) are the pain points for me (and then mostly the memory).

I'm in the market to replace my aging Surface Pro 2. The biggest problem is that all tablets these days are 12". And I really don't need anything larger than 10"...
Didn't spot that thread. Oops.

I've been interested in a digital notetaker for years, so I'd be using it for that if I got it. I've tried lots of devices and there's simply always something that makes them more irritating to use than pen and paper, even with the physical storage requirements included. It's exciting to see that innovation is still happening, even if we don't have the ideal device yet.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2018, 03:04 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I finally decided to skip this one. I find it simply too expensive for what you get. Mostly the processor and the lack of memory were the deciding factors. And the fact that I saw a tablet, with much better specs (like an i7, 16Gb memory and a 1Tb SSD) for only 100 euro more
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:25 AM   #7
kamerek
Enthusiast
kamerek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG fw 3.3 SN B009
I am wondering if using its eink for coding and lcd for video would be possible with some software changes?
Is eink driver fast enough for coding?
kamerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamerek View Post
I am wondering if using its eink for coding and lcd for video would be possible with some software changes?
Is eink driver fast enough for coding?
It'll be laggy, and without syntax highlighting, not very good.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote