Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
but it still won't allow to edit the books themselves, or so I have understood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you download an editable format from the server to a suitable device then you can edit it in place (e.g. edit a DOCX with WPS on Android).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes, of course. But it's a clumsy, roundabout and more time-consuming way, compared to editing books and metadata in the full Calibre program. And as Calibre runs perfectly well not only on desktops and laptops, but also on modern Windows tablets, the need for a multi-access solution has increased. I personally use Dropbox (paid version) and it works well enough, but it's not perfect and one must be very careful to avoid messing up the library.
I did not suggest it was a convenient solution, or even easy - but you suggested it was not even possible. Which is false.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 PM   #17
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I did not suggest it was a convenient solution, or even easy - but you suggested it was not even possible. Which is false.

BR
I meant it's not possible to edit and save the edited version directly in the server, like you can in the desktop program. You have to download the book and use another program for editing, then upload again. Naturally one can download the files from the server and then do whatever one wants with them, that's the whole point of the server. But it's not possible to do it within the server itself, on the spot.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote