Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Sony DPT-S1, first edition, what’s the value?

Hello,
I’m just looking for some information on a subject I’m totally ignorant on, the ereader used marketplace.

I have a first edition Sony DPT-S1 and I’m thinking of selling it. Just a ballpark number, what do you think I could expect to sell it for? It’s in excellent condition. I actually built a metal case for it. What’s a good way to sell it? I can’t imagine Craigslist!

I thinking of a backlit upgrade, like the Mimas or something. Is a upgrade even worth it with the current technology? I’m running a tight budget so don’t have a lot for a new one.

Thanks,
Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

anyone, anyone?

Bueller, Bueller??
Old 01-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
anyone, anyone?

Bueller, Bueller??
It looks like used ones are averaging somewhere between $450 and $550 on eBay. I basically know nothing about these.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
mrpotts
Connoisseur

thanks
Old 01-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
xtech
Zealot
xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony DPT-RP1, Ipad Pro
Quote:
I thinking of a backlit upgrade, like the Mimas or something. Is a upgrade even worth it with the current technology? I’m running a tight budget so don’t have a lot for a new one.
Thanks,
Phil
In terms of the display quality, that is text precision, I like RP1 better than S1. But still the whiteness of the background and the sharpness of the text on Kobo Aura One is better.
xtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 AM   #6
mrpotts
Connoisseur

I sold this a week ago for $454. I found out after the auction ended and the bidder paid, but before they received the unit, they thought they won the newer SonyDPT. There were multiple bids though so it would have sold anyway.

I bought the Boyue Likebook Mimas. Like the backlighting and note taking. Don't like how it handles PDFs yet though.

Phil
Old 02-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #7
John.Dorrian
Enthusiast
John.Dorrian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle KB, Onyx Boox Note
Quote:
I sold this a week ago for $454. I found out after the auction ended and the bidder paid, but before they received the unit, they thought they won the newer SonyDPT. There were multiple bids though so it would have sold anyway.

I bought the Boyue Likebook Mimas. Like the backlighting and note taking. Don't like how it handles PDFs yet though.

Phil
Should have waited for Onyx Boox Note Pro, according to the ereader store preorders are available with expected delivery next month.
John.Dorrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #8
mrpotts
Connoisseur

too much, isn't it $800? I'm not reading great things for the PDF capabilities. True?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
A couple of $ since it has only PDF-support and the loading of the files is cumbersome and annoying. It's more useful in an enterprise (a service-oriented one, with lots of documents on PDF), although many such enterprises use more flexible alternatives.
An iPad Pro or a similar thin tablet is much more useful. The only downside is the battery duration.
Since it's not an eBook reader I wonder what the heck are doing these threads here
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:12 AM   #10
mrpotts
Connoisseur

The Mimas is unusable for PDFs.