Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
This seems to work o.k. for EPUB files but how is the Mobi export supposed to work ? I installed KindleGen and clicked on the option for Mobipocket export in W2E and was asked for the path to Kindlegen which I supplied.

There is no trace of a mobi output file after I have generated the EPUB and no separate button I can press for the Mobi export.

Using LO3.5.3.2 on WinXP SP2.

Have I missed something ?

BobC
Hi BobC,

I recently solved some issue about Mobi generation. Please try the 1.1.20, the current version.
If your LO says that the same or more recent version is yet installed, please remove W2E from Extension Manager then reinstall the 1.1.20.

In some rare cases the Mobi generation can't complete because errors in ePub. In this case you can check the ePub validation, and if it fails please send to me the .odt file that fails.

Thanks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Hi BobC,

I recently solved some issue about Mobi generation. Please try the 1.1.20, the current version.
If your LO says that the same or more recent version is yet installed, please remove W2E from Extension Manager then reinstall the 1.1.20.

Luke
Luke,

You mention Version 1.1.20 where do I get that ? The version I have is 1.2.0.008 from earlier in this thread.

I've re-installed that but it doesn't seem to make any attempt to invoke Kindlegen.

I assume the Mobi output should be in the same folder as the EPUB - if not then where should I be looking for it ?

Bob
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #18
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Luke,

You mention Version 1.1.20 where do I get that ? The version I have is 1.2.0.008 from earlier in this thread.
The only source for Writer2ePub is my blog.
Please click on my signature or go to

The 1.2.x is a dead release, I'm working on the 2.0 with many new feature and editing helper

Luke
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #19
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Luke,

Thank you, that explains it - perhaps it would be useful to edit the earlier posts in this thread to remove the "dead" versions or at least to mention where to get the current one as the numbering of the versions is confusing leading me to think 1.2.0 was later than 1.1.20.

Bob
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
happyjon
Enthusiast
happyjon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Beginners troubles

Hi Luke,
I'm new to ebooks, so pleae forgive me if I my question is pretty basic.
I installed Libre to try out Wepub, and having installed that, loaded a Word file in Libre, saved it as an odt, and tried to make an epub from it. However, after completing the process, this message appeared,

'Warning! The following styles are not supported and will be treated as plain text
If you really need personal styles, please start the style name with w2e_
Normal'

and no epub was made. I'd be very grateful for guidance on how to proceed. Thanks.

Jon
happyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjon View Post
Hi Luke,
…after completing the process, this message appeared,

'Warning! The following styles are not supported and will be treated as plain text
If you really need personal styles, please start the style name with w2e_
Normal'

and no epub was made.
Hi Jon,

this message simply says that in your (MSword) document there are some styles that will be ignored and treated as normal text.
Try to press "OK" and wait for completion of the process. You'll get an EPUB!

After that, if your personal stiles (listed in the previous window) are really important for you, just rename them as w2e_yourstilename and re-create the EPUB

Luke
Old 08-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
happyjon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi Jon,

this message simply says that in your (MSword) document there are some styles that will be ignored and treated as normal text.
Try to press "OK" and wait for completion of the process. You'll get an EPUB!

After that, if your personal stiles (listed in the previous window) are really important for you, just rename them as w2e_yourstilename and re-create the EPUB

Luke
Thanks Luke. I didn't actually know what styles are, checked it out and I understand them now, but it shows I've got a lot to learn! The EPUB was created, as you said, though its layout was odd. That maybe becuase I didn't know how to prepare the doc, so I'm going to practice.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
happyjon
Enthusiast

Hi Luke,
I'm making progress with learning how to create e-books, but with my latest effort Wepub inserted a blank page immediately after the TOC, and I can't work out why. Other than that, it's fine.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #24
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
…inserted a blank page immediately after the TOC…
If you like, please send me your .odt to help me to understand the problem.

Luke
Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
This sounds similar to what happened to me. (1.1.16) I have a cover page that begins with four line feeds and if I leave them in, then the ePub begins with four blank pages.

I can send you the odt if you like.

rjb
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I have a cover page that begins with four line feeds and if I leave them in, then the ePub begins with four blank pages.
I'm sure your four line feed are formatted as Heading 1, and in the preferences you set a page break before H1.
So each page break means a new page in the EPUB file.

Try to format the first lines as standard or text body, and the blank page will disappear.

In the current version 1.1.25 I removed the page break before H1-H3 in the preferences, so you need to add a manual break to obtain a page break in the EPUB.

Luke
Old 08-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I'm sure your four line feed are formatted as Heading 1, and in the preferences you set a page break before H1.
So each page break means a new page in the EPUB file.

Try to format the first lines as standard or text body, and the blank page will disappear.

In the current version 1.1.25 I removed the page break before H1-H3 in the preferences, so you need to add a manual break to obtain a page break in the EPUB.

Luke
I thought it must be something like that, but I'm still learning about all that style stuff. I like the change in .25 if it means I'll know where all the page breaks are.

Thanks
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
happyjon
Enthusiast

Quote:
If you like, please send me your .odt to help me to understand the problem.

Luke
Thanks for replying Luke. I can't see how to send you the odt as an attachment. There must be a way or you wouldn't have invited me to send it, but I couldn't see how to via a private message, and I looked at your site, but not knowing any Italian I'm afraid I was lost.

I've installed Sigil and soon saw how I could remove the unwanted page I mentioned. Sigil may be very useful, as you can see what you're doing, whereas with an e-book creator you only see the result after it's done.

I don't if this is significant, but having recently installed Libre the files I've made e-books from, and they are only tests as I learn the process, were all MS files imported into Libre. My early impression is that Libre doesn't like MS files, or at least the differing descriptions can confuse. For example, if a style in MS is 'normal', which is the default, is that equivalent to the 'default' in Libre? And if not, does it matter?
As you've probably noticed, I'm not a technically informed user, so if my questions seem silly, please bear with me.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #29
happyjon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I thought it must be something like that, but I'm still learning about all that style stuff. I like the change in .25 if it means I'll know where all the page breaks are.

Thanks
Me to!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #30
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
I can't see how to send you the odt as an attachment. There must be a way or you wouldn't have invited me to send it, but I couldn't see how to via a private message, and I looked at your site, but not knowing any Italian I'm afraid I was lost.
Please use the form in the page http://lukesblog.it/writerepub/
If you don't read Italian, please choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu at the top right of the page

Luke