Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
list of kindle books

Is there a way to print out a list of all my kindle books?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’m sure others have better answers, but it seems to me one way would be to sync your Amazon account with a Goodreads account, which would add all your Kindle books (if you haven’t done so already); GR has a print function for book lists.

I’m not saying it’s elegant, but it should work.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’m sure others have better answers, but it seems to me one way would be to sync your Amazon account with a Goodreads account, which would add all your Kindle books (if you haven’t done so already); GR has a print function for book lists.

I’m not saying it’s elegant, but it should work.
Syncing accounts doesn’t do this. You still have to add books to GR one click at a time.

I think calibre could generate such a list from what is downloaded to a Kindle, but with a large library it might not be feasible to download everything.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:45 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Syncing accounts doesn’t do this. You still have to add books to GR one click at a time.
Oh, ouch, thanks for the correction. I’ve never linked my accounts as I figure Jeff has quite enough info on me already without my helping him out, but I assumed that once you linked the accounts the data were shared between them.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you right click on the brown Convert books button at the bottom of its menu is "Create a catalog ..."

Or, if you click on the Preferences button, in the Plugins section there's a section Catalog generator; perhaps one of those can generate what you want.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I think calibre could generate such a list from what is downloaded to a Kindle, but with a large library it might not be feasible to download everything.
What I want to do is check my amazon book list against calibre to make sure I have everything in calibre
Old 12-28-2021, 07:55 PM   #7
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
A list of your current books can be found on your computer if you already have Kindle for PC app on it. If not, then download it. When you do, run it so that it shows what books you have in your library. Then close the app. Then (I use an older version of Kindle for PC that sitll uses the Calibe accepted .azw formats) but on my computer the following document

"C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\Cac he\KindleSyncMetadataCache.xml

Open it in excel and you have a list of the current books (library and KindleUnlimited) you own.

There are some caveots of this, Amazon shows the books by the title, but if the book has multilple authors, each author is listed with their own book. SO a book with two authors will be shown two times,each book having only one author. Amazon lists the ASIN number, the date purchased, the title, author and some other info, but thats the most information that I need. If you are saavy with excel you can easily format it to a decent .csv but if you aren't, then it's going to be a pain.

However, it is a way of seeing and getting a list of what you have currently in Amazon.

If you can remove empty columns, split one column into multiple columns, merged duplicate columns into one, then you can easily format the list so that you can import it into Calibre or just have a nice printout.

Last edited by Rellwood; 12-28-2021 at 08:08 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:46 PM   #8
digitaljan
digitaljan began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Use the Catalogue Plug in
Save as a PDF
print out
digitaljan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaljan View Post
Use the Catalogue Plug in
Save as a PDF
print out
Can you provide a reference? I cannot find it in calibre’s list of User plugins, in calibre itself or on calibre-ebook.com’s plugin list.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2022, 04:06 PM   #10
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you provide a reference? I cannot find it in calibre’s list of User plugins, in calibre itself or on calibre-ebook.com’s plugin list.

Thanks!
In preferences, click on Plugins and it's at the top of the list. After adding it you get to it by right clicking on the Convert books button. The AZW3/EPUB/MOBI one gives the most options.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:12 AM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
In preferences, click on Plugins and it's at the top of the list. After adding it you get to it by right clicking on the Convert books button. The AZW3/EPUB/MOBI one gives the most options.
I was looking at User Plugins. It’s already added and enabled in the Plugins preferences. Thanks.

However it only generates a catalog of the calibre library. The OT is asking for ways to get a list of Kindle books (purchases from Amazon) without having to download them.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-18-2022 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:40 AM   #12
hobnail
Running with scissors

Quote:
The OT is asking for ways to get a list of Kindle books (purchases from Amazon) without having to download them.
I don't see anything on that web page so I think he's got a snowball's chance in hell for them providing such a list from that web page. Maybe someone who uses Kindle for PC knows if there's a way with that.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:52 AM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
I don't see anything on that web page so I think he's got a snowball's chance in hell for them providing such a list from that web page. Maybe someone who uses Kindle for PC knows if there's a way with that.
If you look a few posts above, someone says there’s an xml file that has most of the data in there.

There is a file of the same name for Kindle for Mac:
/Users/[username]/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/Cache/KindleSyncMetadataCache.xml

It includes: ASIN, Title, Author(s), Publisher(s), Publication date, Purchase date, Textbook type, CDE content type, and content_type.

Mine (following a Sync in Kindle for Mac) has 3,072 items, which seems the right number of books in my Library (including Kindle Unlimited, samples, and books borrowed from public library).

I was able to load (a copy of) it directly into Excel.

Much easier than scraping the Digital Content pages, which don’t even have all of this metadata.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-19-2022 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:44 AM   #14
Gardenman
Wizard

Quote:
If you look a few posts above, someone says there’s an xml file that has most of the data in there.

There is a file of the same name for Kindle for Mac:
/Users/[username]/Library/Containers/com.amazon.Kindle/Data/Library/Application Support/Kindle/Cache/KindleSyncMetadataCache.xml

It includes: ASIN, Title, Author(s), Publisher(s), Publication date, Purchase date, Textbook type, CDE content type, and content_type.

Mine (following a Sync in Kindle for Mac) has 3,072 items, which seems the right number of books in my Library (including Kindle Unlimited, samples, and books borrowed from public library).

I was able to load (a copy of) it directly into Excel.

Much easier than scraping the Digital Content pages, which don’t even have all of this metadata.
knowing about Excel I guess that is not for me.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #15
hobnail
Running with scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
knowing about Excel I guess that is not for me.
Have a look at google sheets. You could import the xml with it and do all sorts of stuff then.