Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
epub to pdf converion and @media print

I have not been successful in putting a stylesheet command in the epub editor which (1) has no effect in the EPUB viewer but (2) works in the PDF conversion. I'm compressing line height as needed to get rid of single lines left over at the end of chapters in PDFs. Normal line height is 1.3 but @media print { .l1 {line-height:1 ; }} is ignored during conversion to PDF. Is there a trick to this? Maybe the instruction is wrong? Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what instruction? I dont recall the pdf conversion having any @media print instructions??
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:28 AM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please excuse my confusion. I put the style command
<style>
@media print {.l1{ line-height: 1 ; } }
</style>

along with <body class="l1"> in an xhtml segment which is a free-standing chapter. At print, I was hoping the line height would be reduced from 1.3 to 1 so that there would not be a straggler line left over. If I remove the word 'print' PDF conversion AND epub viewer reduces line height to 1. I was hoping for an instruction only honored during print. Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	with print.png
Views:	56
Size:	452.1 KB
ID:	191310   Click image for larger version

Name:	without print.png
Views:	51
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	191311  
Old 01-03-2022, 09:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to control that from within the book. You can specify your css rules during conversion in the Look & feel->styles section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:29 AM   #5
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

thank you for that. It works wonderfully well. I do not even need @media. I lost sight of forest for the trees. Best regards, Pop