Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
bkt_online
bkt_online began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Finding books from KOReader

Hoping somebody with more experience using these devices and apps could provide some basic guidance which I was unable to find clear answers to....

Family member has a Kindle Touch, now jailbroken, installed with KUAL / KOReader and has a working wi-fi connection with Calibre.

They are not technical, and I'm looking for a simple working method for them to be able to view the Calibre collection and then *pull* books from Calibre over wi-fi to the device.

Presently, they can view Calibre library via the content server as a web-page, but still need to then advice me which books I should *push* from Calibre to the device. Would be much easier if they can pull directly from the collection on the Kindle itself...

I had thought "Find a book in calibre catalogue" in KOReader would query Calibre over wi-fi and let them find and pull a book, but it doesnt provide results except the starter user guide book already on the local device...

Ideally, due to storage limitations of the Kindle and no external storage option, it would be ideal to have content on the PC, and they view the catalogue and pull what they need for offline reading when they travel directly from the Kindle itself over the local network.

Hope it can be done, any advice appreciated, thanks in advance, cheers!
bkt_online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
You're probably looking for the OPDS browser. I don't use it, so I don't recall where exactly it's hidden. Cloud storage, maybe? (It requires Calibre's content server to be accessible, and possibly passwordless).

The "Find a book in calibre catalogue" option only concerns the on-device books, provided they were sent to the device via Calibre (over USB, I'm not sure the wireless client updates it). It is, fittingly, located in the search tab, as that's the gist of what it does .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:51 PM   #3
bkt_online
bkt_online began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks! OPDS catalog does work and provides option to pull a book down to the device.

One strange behavior remains, when using OPDS catalog search "By Title" results seems unfeasible. By Author or another category works as expected, gives an alphanumerical list, you select say letter T and it gives Authors names. However, "By Title" offers a few pages of results starting alphanumerically A-Z, but no quick navigation to a book title starting down the order. Getting to a book title starting with T would not be feasible, probably a couple hundred pages of results which one one seems stuck scrolling manually to the last page of results to get the next lot of results.

Any advice on searching "By Title" can be forced to behave as if searching "By Author"?
If this can be done, would seems a complete method!
bkt_online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Frenzie has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That's controlled by calibre, but note that if you hold on the page number you can enter a page number.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:49 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (retired), AuraHD, PDA,
I just use the "Newest" sort which usually works fine to bring newly acquired books into my device, after processing in calibre. calibre presents the catalog pages in small bites, so the "go to page" function won't work for more than the page numbers displayed at the bottom of the page. If you keep using the next page button (>) the available page numbers will keep a few pages ahead of where you are.

So basically, it is not going to work in a way that you would expect it to. The "Series" and "Tags" can be useful at times.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote