Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2021, 05:31 AM   #1
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Kobo books not deleted from the device

I have been updating the metadata for Kobo purchased books and have noticed a lot of books that I cannot find using the Aura One interface still have the files on the device.

They seem to be previews which I have already removed using the 'Remove from My Books' option, have found about 20 and the list is growing as I notice more...

I don't want to do a factory reset yet but is this behavior typical?

Also is it possible (with Calibre etc.) to note which books on the device are previews? I have been looking at the file size in Calibre of the books I know I have removed, then checking it on the device and deleting them manually.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
I have been updating the metadata for Kobo purchased books and have noticed a lot of books that I cannot find using the Aura One interface still have the files on the device.

They seem to be previews which I have already removed using the 'Remove from My Books' option, have found about 20 and the list is growing as I notice more...
I haven't seen this, but, it is also a long time since I tried to match all the files in the .kobo/kepub directory to the devices showing on the device. I think the last time I checked, a file count showed it was close enough that I didn't do more detailed checking.

To fix it, you could try the "Repair your Kobo account" that is on the Device information page of the settings. This is should fix these sort of problems. But, it is possible that it will add the books back to the interface.
Quote:
I don't want to do a factory reset yet but is this behavior typical?

Also is it possible (with Calibre etc.) to note which books on the device are previews? I have been looking at the file size in Calibre of the books I know I have removed, then checking it on the device and deleting them manually.
By default, calibre will not show the previews. To see them you have to turn on an option in the driver. Then they will be shown in the device list and will have the collection "Preview".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
By default, calibre will not show the previews. To see them you have to turn on an option in the driver. Then they will be shown in the device list and will have the collection "Preview".
Cool did not know that will check it out Going to do the repair as well.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote