Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-29-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Building from source silently fails

On Windows 10 Home, I run Calibre from source using this batch file:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
set CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM=D:\Documents\git\calibre\src
"c:\Program Files\calibre2\calibre-debug" -g
It was working up until I had to reboot a few hours ago. Now it just immediately closes the console window and I don't see any text before it does. I also monitor the temporary folder and nothing appears in there.

Here are things I've tried:

- Using Sourcetree to pull the latest code. There was one change about a libstemmer.
- Double-checking that Calibre was not silently running in the background.
- Switched to a test library in case it was something involving the recent composite column recursion fixes.
- Since I'm not sure how to run without plugins with source, temporarily moving my plugins folder outside of Calibre's appdata folder. (in fact, according to last-accessed dates, it doesn't even touch anything in appdata)
- Rebooting again.

Regular Calibre runs fine, but there's a bugfix I use that's currently in source.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-29-2021 at 08:50 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open the console window first and then run the bat file inside it, you will hopefully get an actual error message then.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:20 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's the error:

Code:
calibre 5.22.1* [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 77, in main
  File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\debug.py", line 264, in main
    calibre(['calibre'] + args[1:])
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\gui_launch.py", line 60, in calibre
    print_basic_debug_info()
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\debug.py", line 208, in print_basic_debug_info
    from calibre.customize.ui import has_external_plugins, initialized_plugins
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 18, in <module>
    from calibre.customize.builtins import plugins as builtin_plugins
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\customize\builtins.py", line 752, in <module>
    from calibre.devices.smart_device_app.driver import SMART_DEVICE_APP
  File "D:\Documents\git\calibre\src\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 2051, in <module>
    from zeroconf import (
ImportError: cannot import name '_LOCAL_TRAILER' from 'zeroconf' (c:\Program Files\calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\zeroconf\__init__.pyc)
I ran a repair install in case it was a broken file and got the same error.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-29-2021 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:27 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

According to https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr..._app/driver.py the file was updated 3 days ago with a comment about zeroconf. I will see if I can figure out how to selectively revert that in my copy.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:32 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Install the beta from: https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
it has the updated zeroconf
Old 06-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Now it's working. Thank you
Old 06-30-2021, 01:20 AM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Also, the beta includes the composite recursion fix. So I can just use the beta for now.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #8
chinax
chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Sony DPT-CP1
Interesting, just got the same error after updating to 5.23 — I guess I have my answer, too, but I would think it was intended to have the updated zeroconf included. Right?
chinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:23 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It does have the updated zeroconf included.