Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #1
Hairy Scot
Hairy Scot began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Question SYNC READ status from Calibre Companion via Dropbox

I am on a VPN which does not support Wi-Fi connection between devices so I cannot use Content Server or Wireless Device Connection.
Is there a way to have the Read Status and Date in Calibre Companion synced to Calibre via Dropbox?
If so, please tell me how!
Hairy Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, the only connection that supports is-read syncing is the wireless device.

There are ways to connect CC to calibre as a wireless device when you don't have a cooperating WiFi access point. See the first 3 methods in our FAQ I am in a hotel/airport/? and cannot connect CC to my computer by WiFi. How can I transfer books? The "tethering" solution might be the easiest to set up.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
Hairy Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Sorry, the only connection that supports is-read syncing is the wireless device.

There are ways to connect CC to calibre as a wireless device when you don't have a cooperating WiFi access point. See the first 3 methods in our FAQ I am in a hotel/airport/? and cannot connect CC to my computer by WiFi. How can I transfer books? The "tethering" solution might be the easiest to set up.
Thank you.
I'll check those out.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #4
Hairy Scot

Lightbulb The solution was right in front of me!

Quote:

I had the solution at hand and did not realise it until I read your article.
My PC is a desktop and I use a TP Link ethernet/w-fi adapter which has a wifi hotspot capability.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Hairy Scot

I managed to get wifi connectivity via the Hotspot on my TPLink adapter and to load books from PC to Tablet via CC.
However on a later reconnect I receive a message stating "Application not licensed".
"You are now being disconnected from calibre"

Seems Windows 10 does not support Soft AP so the Google Licence check cannot access the net.

Last edited by Hairy Scot; 01-20-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Advert
Old 01-20-2019, 06:22 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Scot View Post
I managed to get wifi connectivity via the Hotspot on my TPLink adapter and to load books from PC to Tablet via CC.
However on a later reconnect I receive a message stating "Application not licensed".
"You are now being disconnected from calibre"

Seems Windows 10 does not support Soft AP so the Google Licence check cannot access the net.
CC does its licence check on a connect an hour or so after the first connect. That is why it worked then failed. Fortunately the fix is easy. See our FAQ I bought CC but it keeps telling me it isn't licensed. What do I do? This works because CC won't check again after a successful verification, and because the licence check does not require an actual successful connection.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
Hairy Scot

Quote:
CC does its licence check on a connect an hour or so after the first connect. That is why it worked then failed. Fortunately the fix is easy. See our FAQ I bought CC but it keeps telling me it isn't licensed. What do I do? This works because CC won't check again after a successful verification, and because the licence check does not require an actual successful connection.
SORTED!!