Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
RMR
RMR began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire Tablet
Question My Amazon Fire Tablet 5th Generation Is Not Connecting To The Internet?

I really do not understand. It's connected to the internet before, now suddenly, it says my internet connection is "not in range" yet it is catching my neighbours' internet connections.

I've restarted the device
Checked in parental settings
Check if areoplane mode is off, and it is off.

I'm really unsure of why it is not catching my Wi-Fi signal could anybody help me?

Thank you
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
1. tell it to forget the problematic connection - then have it rescan & retry
[ simple things can confuse it, like you changing the wifi password or changing it from secured to not secured - it stores old data ]
2. try soft reset ( always amazon's 1st troubleshoot advice) hold the power button for 30 - 40 seconds until tablet shuts down, ignore the shutdown y/n prompt - just keep holding the button. it is a soft reset, like a restart of windows, so apps and data are not affected.
3. set up that connection as a static IP using wifi - advanced. I had an old kindle Fire HD that would not connect because it insisted on using an IP address that was being used by something else and would not go get a different once from the router [ that was a different symptom though - it would connect then say no internet because no data would transfer]
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
. . . I had an old kindle Fire HD that would not connect because it insisted on using an IP address that was being used by something else and would not go get a different once from the router [ that was a different symptom though - it would connect then say no internet because no data would transfer]
I had a somewhat similar issue with a Spectrum TV app on my kindle fire not connecting to the internet. I had to go to the router firewall and change the setting from high security to medium. After that, the app would be able to connect to the internet and stream TV on the fire tablet. Of course, another thing to try when a device won't connect to the internet is to turn the router off and then back on to reset.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
And one I missed, check, with some other device, that the wifi is actually working, before other troubleshooting steps!
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
This does not surprise me. My Kindle Fire loses internet connection when streaming. The only way to get it back is to turn WiFi off then back on. This started two firmware updates ago. It's really annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Agreed - power cycle your wifi router - Fire tablets get 'stuck' and refuse to connect until the router is rebooted.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I had the same problem Had to return the wifi to Comcast for a new one.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon fire, wi-fi