Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Breed92014
Breed92014 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Time Magazine needs userid and password

The Time Magazine recipe seems to retrieve snippets of articles, but then it wants a userid and password to continue reading the story. I do have a userid and password but am unable to enter it.

Has any one come up with a recipe similar to the NY Times, that allows us to enter a userid and password on a screen?

Thanks much, Betty Reed
Breed92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
TIME has decided to not make full articles available on its website, even with a userid/password. At least that was the way it was a few months ago. Go to time.com and try to read these articles with a browser and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Breed92014
Breed92014 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
This week's Time (Sept 19th) is dedicated to 9/11 and only has a couple of articles out there, so it's not a good example. So I went into the archives, pulled out an issue from a couple of weeks ago, and one of the articles asked for my username and password. I entered the information and was able to read the entire article.
Breed92014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK, if you PM me your Time username and password for testing, I can add login code to the recipe. I'll probably do it next week though, once the normal issues resume.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote