Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen 3, Kindle 3 WiFi, iPod Touch with Stanza
both kindles can no longer connect via wifi

we have 2 kindle 3's, and as of last week suddenly neither of them could connect via wifi and has not been able to ever since. the wifi password has not changed, but i input it again just in case. my tablet and ipod are still connecting fine via that wifi, but neither kindle can do it. i just got off the phone with kindle support, and the rep said they've never seen this problem before - but i'm hoping someone here has, and might have the answer. i'm already tired of side loading
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
A first line of attack could be to simply delete the connections and remake a new connection, it could possibly be an IP address conflict. Remaking the connection should release the old IP address and generate new ones.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
g8dhe
g8dhe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle + Nexus 7
Just had this happen to me, I turned Wireless OFF and then back on again and it was fine. If that hadn't worked I would have probably gone on to a reboot, slide the switch over for 15 seconds or so, and then repeat.
g8dhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Also, have you tried resetting your wi-fi router? Mine goes crazy occasionally, and won't let anything connect, but a power off/on fixes it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Jack's Liver
Funk Master General
Jack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the roughJack's Liver is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle 3 / CRUZ T103 BRICKED / Sony PRS-300 Gifted to a :) kid / N7
when you go to menu settings - wifi settings and view does your kindle even see signals ? you can try going to menu then settings and hit alt U Q Q and see if your kindle is doing anything wifi at all

Last edited by Jack's Liver; 08-01-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Jack's Liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #6
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i rebooted the wifi router. keep in mind that although neither kindle can get online, both my ipod and tablet CAN get online via the same router, and never had a problem.

my wifi is invisible, but the older of the two kindles cannot see any wifi networks, the other can see some sometimes but my tablet sees more networks than the kindle does.

i did just try turning wireless off and then on. no luck.

and i have rebooted my kindle twice - once a few days ago, once this morning.

the kindle rep said he would walk me through a factory reset, and other than that, amazon was willing to exchange the kindles since they have not run into a problem like this before.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
the kindle rep said he would walk me through a factory reset, and other than that, amazon was willing to exchange the kindles since they have not run into a problem like this before.
I very much doubt that exchanging the Kindle will do any good. If the same issue affected both your Kindles simultaneously, that would clearly point to the WiFi router and not the Kindles as being the culprit.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
basschick
Wizard

on the other hand, till 9 days ago both kindles worked fine on that wifi router - nothing about the router has changed and my other wifi devices still use it with no issues. also one of the kindles can't "see" our other network, which is not invisible, and the other one can only see it periodically.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest trying to use the Kindle with a different WiFi network and see if that works. Do you have a local coffee shop, MacDonald's, etc, with WiFi?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote