Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
rigdzindorje
rigdzindorje began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet HUAWEI Android 7
Wireless device not working

Hello I am using Calibr 3.44 an Calibre Companion 5.4.3.3

Tablet and PC (windows10) are on SAME network.
WIFI Sync does not work. Connection to Content Server is OK
log acc to CC:
There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 512, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1284, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 642, in _call_client
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 674, in _receive_from_client
TimeoutError: There was a timeout while communicating with the device in function: Device did not respond in reasonable time
rigdzindorje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Post moved to its own thread
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If content server access is working but the wireless device is not then the problem is probably the antivirus on the laptop blocking CC's wireless device protocol. Alternatively the wireless device driver is not enabled or the tablet is going to sleep while connected, shutting off the network.

BTW: if you supply logs, please supply all of the log. The exception message does not provide any context.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #4
rigdzindorje
rigdzindorje began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet HUAWEI Android 7
Hello
On PC there is only WINDOWS Defender and on the Tablet WIFI is ON and working and NO Sleep mode. CC is active "on Screen" the whole time, so I can see the WIFI-ICON on top.

About supplying Logs: This was the only one I found. Anything else I can send? and how to get?

BTW:Whenn I Start the WIFI-Sync, the Calibre on the PC shows the name of the Tablet at the bottom
rigdzindorje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:05 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigdzindorje View Post
On PC there is only WINDOWS Defender
Windows Defender is an anti-virus program and on occasion updates do cause issues. This link tells you how to send the CC log files to Chaley. This link is the FAQ on connecting as a wireless device and syncing your books via CC.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

If I understand correctly CC is able to connect to calibre. Sometime later after the connect, calibre reports that CC is no longer connected (no answer in reasonable time). CC probably disconnects at the same time.

There are only 2 ways this can happen:
1) CC disconnects because of some internal error. The CC log will tell us if this is the case. At this point I doubt that this is the problem.

2) Something interferes with the network connection. This can happen with all recent android tablets because of "battery optimisation". Android decides that the app isn't being used and makes the app "pause" to save battery. These pauses will kill the connection. Try turning off battery optimisation for CC. How you do this depends on the brand of the tablet and the version of Android.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
I am trying desperately to get CC to connect wirelessly to my Ipad pro but I cannot get it to connect no matter what I do. I am running Calibere 3.44 and ISO 12.3.1. Can someone point to where I need to go to try and find out what I am doing wrong. Thanks
Tammy
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote