Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
kylemcd
kylemcd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
My Touch is changing the font type, line spacing and size when I power off. Is there a way to keep a specific font and size? I've done a reset and have 1.9.16 installed now.
kylemcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
luchtgitaar
luchtgitaar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
What's up with the page number display?
Any books loaded onto the Kobo using the official desktop application will show page numbers per chapter. All other books will show page numbers over a total count. If you prefer the total page count method, download books from Kobo using the 'Download ePub' link and Adobe ADE.
The strange thing is when i open the same epub in the Kobo iOS App, there are page number per chapter. However when opening the book with the Kobo Touch itself it's showing total page numbers. Is this the supposed way it works?
luchtgitaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are you sure it is the same file on both platforms? Remember, if you read a book in Kobo ePub format (kePub) on any platform you will see page number per chapter. However, reading an ePub format shows page number per book.

AFAIK the iOS App reads kePubs NOT ePubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Any crossword puzzles on your Kobo Touch ?

The Kindle has access to a crossword app:

'Puzux for interactive sudoku and crossword puzzles on your Kindle'

Is there a crossword app available for the Kobo Touch ?
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #20
ChrissyB
ChrissyB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Trying to setup my Kobo Touch

I am trying without success to setup my Kobo Touch. I've downloaded the Kobo software - no problem. When I connect it to my PC, the eReader shows "Connected and Charged" but I cant get past the first screen of the Kobo setup, which tells me to plug in the eReader.

My PC is telling me that the drive needs to be formatted, and I'm not sure what to do.

I've borrowed a friends cable, in case that was the issue - no luck. I've un-installed the Kobo software and re-installed - no luck. I've re-booted the computer - still no luck! I've always used the eject process when disconnecting the eReader. I've also tried other USB ports.... my last option is to try my friends laptop, in case it is a computer issue.

Has anyone else had this issue, or have any other advice? Please note I am pretty tech-useless!
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
The Kindle has access to a crossword app:

'Puzux for interactive sudoku and crossword puzzles on your Kindle'

Is there a crossword app available for the Kobo Touch ?
There is no crossword app for the Kobo Touch although it does have sudoku built in.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
leewain
leewain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
KOBO Vox

I recently purchased Kobo Vox from Chapters for my wife. I purchased it for her as an e-reader. She discovered that it could do much more such as accessing Facebook and G-Mail. She is new to both internet use and the e-reader.

I am now on my third or fourth set up of the device. I am not sure why, but it seems that every so often, the device encounters a problem and goes back to factory settings. It is a pain because it involves downloading software updates and so on.

I have a Bell wireless modem which it has no trouble connecting with so connecting is wireless and not a problem.

I am not sure if the problem is resulting from something that my wife is doing or not doing or if it is a problem with the device or it's software.

This is my first post to this forum so let me know if I have posted my question in the proper thread. Thanks
leewain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #23
leewain
leewain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I forgot to mention that even though it seems to go back to square one in the setup, it does remember which books she was reading and downloads them again.

This makes me think that perhaps the device is detecting a software update and this is the process one has to go through to update??
leewain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
BordersCrafter
BordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

My mother likes to buy me a book at Christmas and birthdays. Now that I have a Kobo, how can she buy me an e-book?
BordersCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordersCrafter View Post
My mother likes to buy me a book at Christmas and birthdays. Now that I have a Kobo, how can she buy me an e-book?
She can either gift you a specific book...
http://www.kobobooks.com/gifting

...or give you a Kobo gift card.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Or (in Canada) get a Chapters gift card that you can use to buy Kobo books.

From http://kobo.intelliresponse.com/
Quote:
Redeeming a Kobo or Chapters-Indigo gift card

To redeem your Chapters-Indigo gift card on an eBook purchase on the Kobo website, follow these instructions.
  1. When you are checking out, click Yes beside Do you have a gift card or promo code to redeem?
  2. Enter your gift card information into the form.
  3. Select Buy Now. Your gift card will be debited for the amount of the purchase (or the amount remaining on the card, whichever is less).

Note:
  • Make sure you don’t close the gift card box again—keep it open to apply your gift card to your purchase
  • For Kobo gift cards, we store any remaining value as a Kobo store credit, so that you can apply it to your next purchase. For example, if you have a $50 Kobo gift card but your eBook was only $25, you have $25 more to spend.
  • For Chapters-Indigo gift cards, we do not take leftover value from the gift card and apply it to your account. You will have to re-enter the gift card number and PIN if you want to make another purchase, or you can continue to use your remaining credit at a Chapters-Indigo store.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
BordersCrafter
BordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsBordersCrafter can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
She can either gift you a specific book...
http://www.kobobooks.com/gifting

...or give you a Kobo gift card.
We live in the UK - can you get Kobo gift cards for the UK and, if so, where from
BordersCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #28
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leewain View Post
I forgot to mention that even though it seems to go back to square one in the setup, it does remember which books she was reading and downloads them again.

This makes me think that perhaps the device is detecting a software update and this is the process one has to go through to update??
Leewain, I suggest you repost your query on the special Vox series of threads, which you will see at the top of the Kobo page here.

And welcome to MR!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #29
Torkijo
Torkijo will become famous soon enoughTorkijo will become famous soon enoughTorkijo will become famous soon enoughTorkijo will become famous soon enoughTorkijo will become famous soon enoughTorkijo will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi, wondering if there is a way to get all my calibre loaded books from my touch uploaded onto my account so i can read them on my tablet without using a pc? If i sync my touch why are they not showing up on my account?
Torkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #30
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkijo View Post
Hi, wondering if there is a way to get all my calibre loaded books from my touch uploaded onto my account so i can read them on my tablet without using a pc? If i sync my touch why are they not showing up on my account?
Short version would be privacy legislation -- it would break laws in many countries if they just uploaded your data onto the Kobo servers. Also copyright laws would likely get complicated with this, and then there are potential compatibility issues. Your best bet might be to stick them in a Dropbox account so you can access them from both your computer and tablet wirelessly.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, kobo, problem, question, wiki