Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
philipsd6
Above Average Member
philipsd6 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 7 w/ Marvin 3
Lightbulb Can only browser content server from beginning

I'm really enjoying the new content server, but several things that are really bothering me are:

If I've clicked "Show more books" multiple times to go further back in my library, and then sometime later I want to start browsing back from that point -- I cannot. I have to start all over again. There's no concept of "pagination" here. And since sometimes the browse list resets back to the beginning if the page has to refresh for any reason, that makes it very difficult and frustrating to get back to the point I left off at.

I also cannot right-click on a book and open the details in a new tab, which would be very handy, and would leave the browse list untouched while I check out the book details, or open it for reading.

Is anyone else having these problems? I'd really like to have the web UI follow browser standards -- sort keys, order, and pagination in the URL instead of hidden away in Javascript. Book covers that are actual normal hrefs instead of onClick handlers so we can do normal things with web links. WDYT?
philipsd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Opening book details should leave the browse list untouched in any case. So I dont see why you would need to open it in a new tab, but note that the URL for book details is perfectly stable you can copy paste it into a new tab or even a different browser and it will work. And sort and search aprametersa re also in the URLs and can be copy pasted similarly. Indeed even actual pages in books youa re reading have stable URLS you can bookmark them or copy paste them.

The number of books displayed is not part of the URL however, but I dont think its very useful, since you'd actually need to restore both the number fo books and the current scroll position.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2017, 01:04 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And here's the trivial change needed to allow opening the book list entries in new tabs, if for some reason you really want to do that. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5ef6a065bd8948
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, web ui