Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Got new iPad 6 this week

Got it in 128GB in gold and love it. Also go the S Pen. Makes highlighting text in books easier than with finger. I love the color. I go the gold but it not a pure gold but has rose in it meaning it looks like a mix of gold and copper. Very stunning! I was wanting the Rose Gold ipad pro but could not afford it so this is a nice compromise. Its more of a deep gold than rose. Just a touch of rose/copper in it. I just cant stop looking at it! It is faster than last years model. The non-laminated display is not an issue for me. I am also trying to teach myself to draw with the pen. I recommend this if you want an entry level tablet and high performance. It outshines all my android tablets.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Glad to hear you like it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Good to hear! I'm still on an Air 2 which does the job for me, I dont do much reading on it but if I need a pen I just have an Adonit, http://www.adonit.net/jot/dash/.

I wanted to upgrade to a Pro but will likely never be able to afford it, so knowing that the entry models are capable is good news.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Good to hear! I'm still on an Air 2 which does the job for me, I dont do much reading on it but if I need a pen I just have an Adonit, http://www.adonit.net/jot/dash/.

I wanted to upgrade to a Pro but will likely never be able to afford it, so knowing that the entry models are capable is good news.
You might be able to pick up a refurbished unit fairly inexpensively.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You might be able to pick up a refurbished unit fairly inexpensively.
I wish that were so. Apple refurbs in Oz arent much cheaper than brand new I wanted a Pro for the larger screen, I've taken to doing a lot of photo editing on my Air2. I'm thinking I may just need to bite the bullet and go back to a desktop or laptop.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:03 AM   #6
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I wish that were so. Apple refurbs in Oz arent much cheaper than brand new I wanted a Pro for the larger screen, I've taken to doing a lot of photo editing on my Air2. I'm thinking I may just need to bite the bullet and go back to a desktop or laptop.

The entry level one is just as good in my opinion. The differences are very slight. The new gold shade is wicked. S pen works without a problem. It has the 10 chip which I think is the same in the pro model
Old 06-08-2018, 11:12 PM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
The entry level one is just as good in my opinion. The differences are very slight. The new gold shade is wicked. S pen works without a problem. It has the 10 chip which I think is the same in the pro model
Note, Pro has A10X while the entry-level is A10 (same as iPhone). The Pro is notably faster particularly in terms of GPU. Also has more RAM (4GB vs 2GB).

That said, the entry-level iPad is really great for the price. Most folks likely wouldn't consider all the bells and whistles on the Pro to be worth double the MSRP.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard

The basic iPad is great. You get more for your price for sure
Old 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #9
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
I wanted a Pro for the larger screen, I've taken to doing a lot of photo editing on my Air2.
There should be a new Pro model this year. I had hoped for an announcement this month, but it doesn't look like we'll see one. I had the 2017 12.9" Pro for a week or so (took it back, because I realized the Air2 was all I really needed at the time) and it was very lovely if a little bulky. With the new iOS versions now offering better multitasking features, I'm tempted to pick up the next model.

On the other hand, I think the Air2 may easily be good for another year. (Air2 is one of the best electronic gadgets I ever bought, in terms of longevity; previously I'd have given that award to the iPad 2.)
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I picked up a new iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) with 512 GB last week once it became apparent that they were not going to announce a new iPad at the WWDC. My old one only had 128 GB and the battery was starting to not last as long. I sold the old one back to Apple for $280. Not bad.

I really like having the extra memory. Just wish I could get a battery case for it.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:14 PM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard

Apple has a deal over here with a mob called Brightstar who give you next to nothing for a trade. Not easier, but more lucrative, to sell on the second hand market. And, I'll probably have to go second hand rather than refurb, for a 13" iPad. Anyway, I'm going to wait and see what happens in September which is when I think we can expect the next hardware announcements.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Apple has a deal over here with a mob called Brightstar who give you next to nothing for a trade. Not easier, but more lucrative, to sell on the second hand market. And, I'll probably have to go second hand rather than refurb, for a 13" iPad. Anyway, I'm going to wait and see what happens in September which is when I think we can expect the next hardware announcements.
Wouldn't be surprised if that's more like October or November.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:38 PM   #13
HLS
Wizard

I love mine so far. The gold is funky. Not quite yellow gold not quite rose gold either its in the middle. hard to explain. Spen is working great.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
This pen is not as expensive as Apple Pencil but supports some of the more advanced features:

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/crayon

I think this is the only stylus so far other than Apple Pencil that integrates directly with Apple SDK for extended touch/pen events. (Palm rejection, angle detection are supported but not pressure-sensitivity).

I don’t think any iOS apps integrate with S-Pen for pressure sensitivity etc., and other styli with extended features have their own SDKs which app developers must integrate with for the other features. You can use any stylus with a capacitative tip (active or passive) as a substitute for anything your finger can do.

Last edited by tomsem; 06-25-2018 at 02:53 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #15
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
This pen is not as expensive as Apple Pencil but supports some of the more advanced features:

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/crayon

I think this is the only stylus so far other than Apple Pencil that integrates directly with Apple SDK for extended touch/pen events. (Palm rejection, angle detection are supported but not pressure-sensitivity).
I actually want to get one of those. Alas, can't buy it unless you're a teacher or school district.