Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
this was what i did months ago.. there was a none option.

but today, with iTunes 9, when i tried creating a US account for my brother in the Philippines, turned out they removed that option. no none option already.

EDIT: oops. maybe doing it with a free product will do the trick. will try that one next time. thanks.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I got it working, too. But I had to jump through a lot more hoops both to get the Iphone Kindle App via buying giftcards for the US Itunes store from 3rd parties (the no payment option seems to have been removed long, long ago) -- which are a good thing, anyway, since prices on US Itunes are much lower than anywhere else -- and by taking additional steps at Amazon.

Glad to help anyone if they PM me, but it appears to me that many websites tend to close loopholes only a short time after they are posted here. So I am suggesting (again!) we don't give detailed instructions out in the open.

Last edited by HansTWN; 12-01-2009 at 10:50 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #18
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Frina,

If I remember right, I entered a fictitious US address. That should cause no problem, as the product is free so you are not actually using the payment method.

Just remember to change it back to your normal address when you've finished.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, kindle, usa