Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 02:48 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kindle Oasis charging cover

When you attach the cover to the device does it charge right away or is there an option that you have to enable for it to start charging your device? I assume it doesn't work this way and that it will keep charging the Kindle as long as it is attached. Say I leave the cover on for protection for like a month. Wouldn't that harm the battery since it'll be charging for one whole month?? I'm confused as to how exactly the charging cover works.

P.S. I don't have a Kindle Oasis. Only interested.

Last edited by Gazella; 12-22-2016 at 02:51 AM.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
The Oasis goes into a kind of deep sleep, unlike the other kindles. So it doesn't really use much of any battery if it just sits. When the device starts charging in the cover depends. I read out of the cover so when I put it in, it usually starts. But it only goes to 94% usually. Somtimes it stops and starts again, if I happen to check. There seems to be some kind of trigger points build in.

On the Oasis you can check the battery level in percentage of the device and cover. Only when its in cover though.

Its all automatic though, there is no setting. You stick it in and it does its thing.

I went on vacation for a week in september and didn't take my Oasis. I took my basic kindle on the trip. When I came back my Oasis was at the same battery levels for cover and device than when I left. I think there might have been 1% difference.
Its why when you open the Oasis after a longer sit, it says waking up and takes a couple of seconds more than other kindles to come on.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Yeah, it'll charge in the cover to somewhere between 90 and 94% and stop. It starts to charge as soon you attach the cover.

-HM
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote