Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #976
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bookbub tracks discount eBooks.
Bookbub is not limited to discount books. As rracoon01 clearly indicated It will track any author and email you when the author has a new book.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-10-2017 at 08:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #977
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Add a Column to a User Category

I need a plugin that will add a selected column value (built-in or custom) for the current book to a selected User Category. FX: Add the current book's '#ships/Ships' custom column value to the 'Ships to Watch' User Category. Doing this via the Manage User Categories function is quite cumbersome.

The existing User Category plugin is not suitable because it does not support having custom columns in User Categories. This deficiency was raised in that plugin's thread last October, but no one has offered to update it. The existing plugin has Remove and Move functions, but I rarely use them, so I have no problems using Manage User Categories function for those functions.

Adding support for custom columns to the existing plugin would probably require a major revamp of its User Interface, which could irritate users who are happy with it as is. Hence my preference for a separate Add only plugin.

I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this.

TIA

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 03-28-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 05:38 AM   #978
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Nevermind, I ended up using QV instead.

Although I do have another request:

I want a variation of the built-in Book Details display, the one you get if you press ‘I’, or select Show Book Details from the Book List right click menu.

Firstly, I would like the ability to select which columns are displayed, the built in one displays all columns. Secondly, a check box to have empty columns display as <empty>, the built in one ignores empty columns.

The selection list would be per library, and it would be separate from the one in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details – although it would look much the same, as would the display window. I would like it to have a configurable keyboard shortcut.

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 03-28-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #979
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Firstly, I would like the ability to select which columns are displayed, the built in one displays all columns.
Already a feature, the built in Book detail page shows only the columns that you check in preferences.

Quote:
Secondly, a check box to have empty columns display as <empty>, the built in one ignores empty columns.

...```...

I would like it to have a configurable keyboard shortcut.
You might want to follow the steps on this page to request an enhancement to the main program.

Quote:
You can also use the bug tracker to request new features. To mark a bug report as a request for a new feature just add [Enhancement] to the subject.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #980
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If a column is empty, the Field (column title) does not appear on the details page (which is harder to spot since it is not there )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #981
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Already a feature, the built in Book detail page shows only the columns that you check in preferences.
That controls what's shown in the book details panel that is shown to the left of, or underneath the book list.

Quote:
I want a variation of the built-in Book Details display, the one you get if you press ‘I’, or select Show Book Details from the Book List right click menu.
If the one you get when you press 'I' had a different name - e.g. Book Information - the confusion would be less likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You might want to follow the steps on this page to request an enhancement to the main program.
Already been done, albeit some time ago, somewhere in Library Management, and maybe at calibre bugs - Kovid wasn't interested, but said patches were welcome. A plugin would be better, because it wouldn't disturb the equanimity of those who are satisfied with what's there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If a column is empty, the Field (column title) does not appear on the details page (which is harder to spot since it is not there )
Precisely! Null is a valid value

I myself made a request (again some time ago) that an option to show empty fields be provided on the Book Details (Information) dialogue box, it too was rejected.

==================
I would add the following to Tanjamuse's suggestion:

That the non-modal Book Details (Information) dialogue box window be made dockable - as per the Quick View non-modal dialogue box window. Not sure if they could occupy in the same docking location - they could if they 'knew' how to coexist as tabbed panels, which may be part of the Qt dock widget furniture.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #982
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The whole point of the popup book details windows is to show all information, even the information hidden from the normal book details panel. As such that is not going to change -- but it should be easy to create a plugin that allows displaying customized subset fo metadata in a popup window instead.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #983
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
What is popup book? I never heard this before. Is it book ad that popup?
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #984
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDln View Post
What is popup book? I never heard this before. Is it book ad that popup?
Kovid is referring to a popup display of a book's metadata held within a calibre library database.

BR
Old 03-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #985
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The whole point of the popup book details windows is to show all information, even the information hidden from the normal book details panel. As such that is not going to change -- but it should be easy to create a plugin that allows displaying customized subset fo metadata in a popup window instead.
I don't mind if I can't see the next or previous book in a customized version, I would just really like to be able to decide what to see.

Both columns with values and columns without (or with null value).
Old 03-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #986
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I don't mind if I can't see the next or previous book in a customized version, I would just really like to be able to decide what to see.
@Tanjamuse - If you don’t need Next/Previous why don’t you try setting Preferences-Look and Feel->User Interface layout (needs restart): to Narrow.

That will display the customisable book details panel at the bottom of the screen. You can toggle its display by clicking the brown book icon at bottom left of main window, or with Shift+Alt+D (or something else, even ’i’ if you gave Show Book Details another keyboard shortcut).

If you double click on the cover the full version will display.

Quote:
Both columns with values and columns without (or with null value).
Then, if Kovid were to provide an option to display null (empty) values via a "Show null (empty) values:" check box on the Look and Feel->Book Details panel, you wouldn't need a plugin. And everyone would benefit by having the option to Show null (empty) values

One downside is that there's no obvious way to adjust the size at which the cover is displayed - on my screen its a bit smaller than I'd like. Maybe a vertical splitter could be provided on the right of the image.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	155878  

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-29-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #987
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Up / down arrow keys work in Library view for Next / Previous and even if the Info pane is open..As long as the Library view has focus.

Kovid, is there anyway to leave focus on the spreadsheet when you tap 'I' (so the keyboard is still active in the spreadsheet)
Folk who use Next / previous, probably use a Mouse, so the click still counts
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #988
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The next and previous buttons have their own keyboard shortcuts (Alt+Right/Left, IIRC).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 AM   #989
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I looked at Calibre in Narrow view but I think the cover will be too small.

I would much rather have the separate window. It's a shame that the “customisable” Book Details has to be docked on the left side.

If it could be "undocked" then you could select whatever you wanted to see.

That would be a perfect solution in my eyes, even if I can’t see columns in which there are no information.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:54 AM   #990
iDron
Banned
iDron began at the beginning.

Need in plugin for add watermarks. Is there such a plugin?
iDron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe