Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
superanima
W2E & ePub freak
superanima began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 + boox60
Book detail configuration

Hi,
is it possible to prevent some columns to show up in the Book Details panel?
superanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not without running from source
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
superanima
W2E & ePub freak

I'm using a lot of user defined columns and some column built from other columns, with all this stuff the book details became kind of messy :-)
Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
I don't have custom columns but in my copy of the source I add the Title and Author columns to what gets displayed over there. I find this useful for various reasons such as with books with no covers. Kovid wasn't interested in this as a patch, even though I offered to develop it further to make it completely configurable via a tweak as to allow which columns the user chooses which incidentally would solve your issue.

So if you want to tweak the code yourself, the relevant code is in:
src/calibre/gui2/book_details.py
src/calibre/gui2/library/models.py (get_book_display_info)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
The next release will have a tweak controlling what custom columns are displayed in the books info display. The tweak has the same syntax as the existing tweak controlling the same thing in the content server.

@kiwidude: there are no changes in this tweak to book_details.py, and the change to get_book_display_info are very localized. I wouldn't expect significant merge conflicts.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Thanks for the heads up Chaley.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I was able to change the new book details default from a right side column to a bottom column like the old Calibre, but for the life of me, cannot remember how I did it.

Help anyone??
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I was able to change the new book details default from a right side column to a bottom column like the old Calibre, but for the life of me, cannot remember how I did it.

Help anyone??
Go into preferences and, under Interface, Look and Feel, change the upper box from Wide to Narrow, click Apply (upper left corner), then restart calibre.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #9
superanima
W2E & ePub freak

Quote:
Add a tweak to control which custom columns are displayed in the Book details panel.
Well, that was fast! :-)