Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
JapaG
JapaG began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
DecalGirl for CyBook Gen3

I have contacted the DecalGirl (www.decalgirl.com) staff and requested skins for our beloved Gen3 eReader. I truly hope that they put them on offer, since I would very much like to have some...

And I should think that the more people send messages to them requesting skins for Gen3, the better the chances of getting some would be...
JapaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaG View Post
And I should think that the more people send messages to them requesting skins for Gen3, the better the chances of getting some would be...
I sent in a request as well, so that's at least 2.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
JapaG

Today I got a reply from DecalGirl:

Dear Jarno,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is the first time we had heard of a CyBook, I did forward your over to management and after them research that device they very well may start doing skins for it. I don't have any time frame that I can give you but that devices has been added to our suggested new device list.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Keith
DecalGirl.com

So there's hope!

...but still I think that if people send lots of messages requesting for the skins, they will start to make them sooner!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

The response I got was:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us with your suggestions. I will pass this on to our product developement team.
So obviously they remembered hearing about the Cybook from you.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Justy
Fanatic

Just got an update from DecalGirl, they say there is a Bookeen skin "that should be out by the middle of the summer." Too Kewl!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
JapaG

That's just great news! Thanks, Justy!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Great news, thanks alot!
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Just popping in to say that I've seen some skins on Pixmania's sites (EU only, I think- but I'm not really sure)- you can customise the design too. DecalGirl's are too cute (but sometimes shipping to Europe is a bit too costly...).
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Making my cybook look fancy isn't really my cup of tea. However the idea of a durable skin appeals to me. Given that we're now in August, has this company caught Bookeen disease, and should we not expect to see the skin until 2012?
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
They are offering up skins for the Cybook 3rd. gen now. Wanted to let people know that I managed to use the discount code: psphome for a 15% off. Can't wait to see if it looks as good in real life as on their website
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #11
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Just popping in to say that I've seen some skins on Pixmania's sites (EU only, I think- but I'm not really sure)- you can customise the design too. DecalGirl's are too cute (but sometimes shipping to Europe is a bit too costly...).
I bought one when I bought my Cybook (with one of my photos), but with the cover I think it's not very useful.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My God, I would buy this, only for laughing (no more trashy covers? LOL )
Old 09-05-2009, 05:47 AM   #13
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
My God, I would buy this, only for laughing (no more trashy covers? LOL )

For political correctness, there's also the other version.

There must be a market quota who'd probably buy them! They wouldn't offer the design!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I think I've not explained myself well (I apologize for my English). My laugh is not for the cover (I COULD buy it), it's because of the reference about trashy covers (that I don't share).
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Juliette
I eat books

Sorry, trashy covers as in this cover?