Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Reading email on kindle3 3g

Hi,

is there an email client for kindle3 or are there any other ways to receive and write email on kindle3 with 3g?

Thanks,

Jens
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Not at the moment. You can use the browser to access webmail. I've tried it with gmail and it works fine.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Yes gmail email works great on a kindle - I use the mobile version of the googlemail website and it's easy to read your emails and write new ones. Have tried yahoo which worked but not as good or easy as googlemail.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #4
norti
norti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi eco-nique Edition :D
Why not use the HTML version of Gmail instead of the mobile interface? I think it's more detailed than the minimal mobile one.
norti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
parablax
parablax began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
bookmark www.web2mail.com website to access any (pop3) email account on your kindle.
parablax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Has anyone tried fastmail.fm on the Kindle? One of the nice things about fastmail is they have an "auto login" option which lets you bypass entering your login credentials each time you visit the page. Not sure if that works correctly on the Kindle browser though. But my thought is that if the Kindle cannot save login credentials for web sites, then maybe this would solve that.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
Anne Gray
Anne Gray began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do begin browsing the internet on kindle 3g in the first place ? The Kindle user guide only seems to tell you how to find a wireless network. I have just got my kindle and I can't find out how to get onto a web page.
Anne Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
MENU --> Experimental --> launch browser
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote