Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Gutenberg CDs & DVDs

Over the next few days I will be downloading all the Gutenberg DVDs and CDs. I developed a sudden need for text files to make into ebooks for my Sony Data Discman.

If anyone who can't download the disks wants me to make a copy and mail it to you, send me a pm. This is only for the DVDs and CDs that PG won't mail and the offer is only open to people who can't access the files.

If you can download the disks but can't burn a CD or DVD: There is a program called WinRAR which can extract the files from the ISO disk image file.
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

P.S. I'm not charging for anyone in the US. Outside the US the shipping will be much higher, so I have to charge postage.

P.P.S. Please keep this quiet so it doesn't cost me too much.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If you can download the disks but can't burn a CD or DVD: There is a program called WinRAR which can extract the files from the ISO disk image file.
An assortment of archive utilities exist that can read ISO files and extract the content.

My preferred tool is a free, open source product called 7zip. 7zip can create and extract 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR files, and extract RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS files.

The 7zip engine is also used in the open source JZip and Peazip archivers.

WinRAR is the only thing that will create RAR archives.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
nouse
nouse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
There is already a project like this... Check http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenb...stom_CD_or_DVD

Google 'torrent Gutenberg'... You will probably find few old CD/DVD versions.
if you create one more version, just put your new torrent in tracker - http://www.utorrent.com/torrent.php
nouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Not everyone can download the CDs and DVDs. I know a couple people who are still on dialup.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Heh... dialup. Cool offer, though, and props for that.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
silencer
silencer began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Over the next few days I will be downloading all the Gutenberg DVDs and CDs. I developed a sudden need for text files to make into ebooks for my Sony Data Discman.

If anyone who can't download the disks wants me to make a copy and mail it to you, send me a pm. This is only for the DVDs and CDs that PG won't mail and the offer is only open to people who can't access the files.

P.S. I'm not charging for anyone in the US. Outside the US the shipping will be much higher, so I have to charge postage.

P.P.S. Please keep this quiet so it doesn't cost me too much.
That is a very decent thing to do.
silencer is offline   Reply With Quote