Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
brijoeire
brijoeire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WiFi White
Ebooks in Swedish for my Kindle

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if any of the Nordic members could advise me as to how I can purchase and download books pa svenska into my new Kindle once it arrives.

I've looked at a few sites, but they all seem to want a Swedish address attached to the bank card. I'm in Ireland these days, so I need a site that will sell to me here.

Once I've purchased a book, how do I go about getting it into my Kindle? I'm guessing that Calibre is the way to go, but I hate to assume anything.

Tack!!
brijoeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
If you buy from Adlibris, it's true you need to provide a Swedish address but this is not linked to your credit card in any way so any Swedish address will do.

Adlibris uses a watermark as DRM so all you need to do is plug in the Epub file you just bought into Calibre and then convert it to Mobi and you're good to go.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
brijoeire

Thanks for the tip Scott. I'll get back on the site and look for some books now...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
shakey__
shakey__ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - android/fbreader
Do you still have a library card at a swedish library? Some swedish libraries loan out ebooks as well. You just need the library card number to get a book so maybe you have a swedish friend who don't do ebooks have one that you can use.

http://www.elib.se/bibliotek/
shakey__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
brijoeire

Tack for tipset Shakey__
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #6
Fetoveraxeln
Fetoveraxeln began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
You probalby already have found the answers to this question. I just stumbled upon it looking for Swedish Kindle Fiction. Although Amazon doesn't officially distribute e-books in swedish, I found out they have a few titles - by adding swedish or svenska to my search in the Kindle store. Here is one example (available to lend for free if you are a Amazon Prime member).
Fetoveraxeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #7
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Unfortunately Elib's books won't work on a Kindle since they're mostly DRMd epubs. You can convert epubs to what a Kindle uses with the program Calibre http://calibre-ebook.com/ I don't know if it will work with the DRM. There are also some free books in Swedish for Kindle in the Gutenberg Project http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/sv I also found that the Swedish ebookstore Bokon https://bokon.se/kindle/ sells ebooks in Swedish that they format for a Kindle.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@brijoeire: If you're not a native Swedish speaker, you might find my simple Swedish-English Kindle dictionary (with partial inflection support) useful.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote