Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Anyone have an Oberon Design case?

I bought my wife an Oberon Design case for Mother's Day. it just came in the mail to day. The case is gorgeous. They are pricey, but, hey, it's Mother's Day. She carried those two around for 9 months, so she deserves it.

I was wondering if anyone else had one of these cases and could tell me how they've held up.

http://www.oberondesign.com/
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I have had 3 from about a year ago. They seem indestructible and I have seen no fade in the color. If the weight is not a problem, they are the most elegant way to go, and the people there are very customer oriented. The biggest problem is that once you get one, you have to get them for all your readers.

Last edited by chas0039; 05-05-2011 at 05:37 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I love, love, love my Oberon cover. I am currently on my second cover. The first was for my K2 which I was able to sell. The second one is now keeping my K3 warm and cozy. The quality of the workmanship is excellent and I the cover only enhances the beauty of the Kindle.

I don't consider the cover to be heavy and as chas0039 said, Oberon is a family owned and run company and they are truly about "customer service". I debated back and forth on whether I would get one for my Kindle 3 because they are expensive, but once you have one, there is no doubt that it is $$ well spent.

I hope your wife loves her Oberon (no doubt she will) and kudos to you for being a terrific hubby!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Very nice covers, I like mine quite a bit.

You can find all kinds of feedback on them in the covers thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112944
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Very nice covers, I like mine quite a bit.

You can find all kinds of feedback on them in the covers thread...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112944
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I don't have a kindle version, but I did buy my brother one for Christmas, and his is holding up great.

My wife and I both have Oberon covers for our Sony readers, and they are 1.5 years old (or so) and still look new.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

My wife's case came in the mail on Wednesday. She has a nook. It's in the box waiting for Mother's Day. I think it's really nice. I'd get one for my Kindle if I didn't already have the Amazon lighted cover.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I have a red Sky Dragon for my DX, and had it in black for my first DX (which I lost :-().

Absolutely gorgeous.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #9
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have the Red Sky Dragon for my K1, the Purple Sun for the DXG, and a Red Cloud Dragon sleeve for my K3.

They hold up very nicely.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I've got two large journals from Oberon, from which I remove the journal blank book and use them with my Kindles. One is elastic strapped in place, one is just tucked in the Oberon's pocket. And I love them so much that I also bought 3 5x7 size journals -- even though I hate to journal. I just wanted the covers. I keep planning to hide my paperbacks when I am reading one -- but I never do. I just wanted to OWN the covers. So gorgeous!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
apastuszak
Evangelist

My wife got the case yesterday. She absolutely LOVES it. I wish I knew about these cases before I bought the lighted case for my K3.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
I keep wanting one of these but the flip over style
works so well while eating breakfast at a restaurant... ;-)
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
I have four in different colors/designs - one for my Kindle, iPad, iPhone and iPod. They are all beautiful and all get quite a bit of use. The Kindle one is the oldest (last October) and I carry my Kindle every day. I need a hardy cover. The Oberon has held up exceptionally well and I get many compliments on it.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
I just don't like the elastic that's holding the Kindle in place. If there was a way to make the Oberon cover hold my Kindle like my cover does I'd get it in a heart beat.
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #15
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
I just don't like the elastic that's holding the Kindle in place. If there was a way to make the Oberon cover hold my Kindle like my cover does I'd get it in a heart beat.
I felt the same way until I had 3 different covers of Amazon's style (tabs anchored into the device) short and drain my Kindle's battery. Now, I think the Oberon style isn't such a bad idea.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote