Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #31
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.5.1 Released

This includes a bug-fix for swapping rows introduced in 1.5.

I have also added some text and a button to the temporary webpage used when querying POST websites like FictionDB. So if as per dwanthy above you do not have javascript enabled or for some other reason the web page is not automatically submitting you can manually click on the search button instead.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This includes a bug-fix for swapping rows introduced in 1.5.

I have also added some text and a button to the temporary webpage used when querying POST websites like FictionDB. So if as per dwanthy above you do not have javascript enabled or for some other reason the web page is not automatically submitting you can manually click on the search button instead.
I had Java script enabled in Firefox ver 3.6.15. for whatever reason it is working fine now.

Thanks!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #33
Zimmsen
Zimmsen began at the beginning.

Device: Amzon Kindle 3
Hey,

this plugin is exactly what i was searching for! Very nice, thank you very much.

I only have one question: Is it possible that i can do the Amazon.de-Search as one Button at the toolbar? At the moment i have to click on "Search the Internet" and then on "Amazon.de". Its not that much work for me, but it would be nice as one button...

And how can i get the "Search for the internet" in the toolbar, when i was right-clicking on my book? I only have the Button on the main toolbar...

Thanks for your help and for your nice Plugin!

Greetings
Zimmsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #34
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmsen View Post
Hey,

this plugin is exactly what i was searching for! Very nice, thank you very much.
You are welcome.
Quote:
I only have one question: Is it possible that i can do the Amazon.de-Search as one Button at the toolbar? At the moment i have to click on "Search the Internet" and then on "Amazon.de". Its not that much work for me, but it would be nice as one button...
That isn't possible. You can however assign a keyboard shortcut to make it no clicks
Quote:
And how can i get the "Search for the internet" in the toolbar, when i was right-clicking on my book? I only have the Button on the main toolbar...
By my count that is two questions.

In Preferences->Customise the toolbar, change the dropdown at the top right to "The context menu for books in the calibre library".
Old 03-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
Zimmsen
Zimmsen began at the beginning.

Device: Amzon Kindle 3
Hehe,

oh damn, youre right it counts two... Sometime i write faster than i think .

Thank you for your help and for this very nice Plugin... I cant remember if I was ever finding exactly what was going on I my mind, so that was realy a surprise...

Sorry for my bad english, i am out of practice, hope you understand what i ment .

Greetings and thanks for your help!
Zimmsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

ZipImport Error issues moved

Moderator Notice
NOTE: I have moved all the posts previously in here related to the ZipImport error into a separate thread below for discussion as the issue transcends across any plugin that uses ZipImporter (which is most of them!).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127101

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #37
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.6 Released

Changes in v1.6:
  • Rewritten for new plugin infrastructure in Calibre 0.7.53
Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #38
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi,

After updating all my plugins to the new versions corresponding with 0.7.53, my Calibre GUI would no longer open. The process would run (according to Task Manager), but the GUI would never open. Running in debug, gave me:

Code:
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 253, in initialize
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 234, in initialize_db
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 203, in initialize_db_stage2
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 159, in start_gui
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 155, in initialize
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\__init__.py", line 97, in do_genesis
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 41, in genesis
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 74, in rebuild_menus
TypeError: create_menu_item_ex() got an unexpected keyword argument 'icon_name'
Since the error seems to be related to the Search the Internet plugin, I figured I'd start here.

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #39
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.6.1 Released

This fixes a bug reported by dasimser from the major changes I made internally for v1.6. You would only have noticed this if you were using the "Open Group" menu option, which I missed in my testing obviously - grrr.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #40
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I can't help you with your plugin problem, but if a plugin is preventing calibre from starting, you can run calibre from a command prompt as

calibre --ignore-plugins

which will allow it to start, and you can then disable/uninstall the problem plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@dasimser - you have two options. Either you can uninstall the existing buggy version using this from the command line:
Code:
calibre-customize -r "Search The Internet"
Then use the plugin updater (if you have it installed) to get 1.6.1

Alternatively, download the zip from the first post, and run this commandline:
Code:
calibre-customize -a "Search The Internet.zip"
Sorry for the inconvenience, thanks for reporting the issue.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #42
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks! That did the trick.

No problem on inconvenience -- that's the price you pay to live on the bleeding edge. It's worth it given the amazing pace of feature development. In the quality check plugin thread, I had made a feature suggestion, and you delivered it within a week!

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #43
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.6.2 Released

It was 3am and I was on the way to bed when I rushed that fix for dasimser - I forgot to bump the internal number of the plugin.

So here it is with the number properly fixed, no other changes. My thanks to the early adopters like dasimser for your patience - rewriting so many plugins at once this week there was always going to be a couple of glitches.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #44
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I often get the following error when trying to Search Amazon.com for a book.

Code:
calibre, version 0.7.53
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeEncodeError</b>:'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 187: ordinal not in range(256)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 110, in search_web_link
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 116, in search_web_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 132, in open_tokenised_url
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 189, in convert_to_search_text
UnicodeEncodeError: 'latin-1' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 187: ordinal not in range(256)
This is not a new error and I don't get it all of the time. I also don't have any quotes in the title or author of these books. I did find this via Google. I do not get this error with any other search in this plugin.

Any ideas?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #45
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Looks like an encoding issue to do with the book title or author. Can you post an example book?

The whole encoding thing was something that come up in the very early days of this plugin. As a quick recap, Amazon.com would do nasty things when it was submitted foreign book titles/authors using UTF-8. It was actually Kovid who suggested using latin-1 for the Amazon website, and until you posted this it seemed to be working well

I am sure Kovid could advise on this but it looks to me like your title contains a character that is not valid in the latin-1 charset. So a simple edit of the title would be one crude way to work around it.

We really need to see some examples. Perhaps there could be some sort of "clean" function applied that strips any non-valid characters for the chosen url encoding out before executing the search. I know Calibre has a function I used for cleaning non-valid UTF-8 characters out from another plugin, but not sure if there is/should be an equivalent for latin-1...

Tags
book details, search the internet