Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A way to get rid of the word 'PERSONAL' ? [SOLVED - much thanks to AcidWeb]

I just purchased three Delphi Classics, one of them being the "Complete Works of Ambrose Bierce."

On the image, on my Kindle Paperwhite 1, the word 'PERSONAL' appears.

What causes this and what is the way to remove this? Does it have something to do with the metadata?

Thanks.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-31-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yes. It is metadata fault.

If you have access to EPUB just convert it with Calibre. AFAIK it is set by default to make EBOK type MOBIs. And they don't have Personal tag.

If you have only MOBI you need to edit it with some metadata editor and set field 501 to: EBOK
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you AcidWeb.

Will calibre edit this data field 501?

If not, do you recommend a metadata editor for mobi?

Don
Old 10-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are multiple ways to achieve that. I think that the simplest one is using Quality Check plugin for Calibre. Option Fix -> Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire should sort things out.

But that will work only if is is NOT hybrid MOBI. In that case problem is somewhat more complex. But check this method first.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
There are multiple ways to achieve that. I think that the simplest one is using Quality Check plugin for Calibre. Option Fix -> Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire should sort things out.

But that will work only if is is NOT hybrid MOBI. In that case problem is somewhat more complex. But check this method first.

Will do. I purchased it as a mobi file.

Thank you.

Don
Old 10-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I got this:

MOBI book to update: Complete Works of Ambrose Bierce / Ambrose Bierce
No ASIN found, using uuid: 9238d9db-b36e-44fa-94fe-3ba0104610a8

---------------------------------------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I failed to mention on post #1: I actually have an image. The problem is that the word 'PERSONEL' intrudes in the bottom of the image. Sorry for any confusion on my part.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-31-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

This also edited field 501. Check if Personal tag disappeared.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This also edited field 501. Check if Personal tag disappeared.

(I'm getting ready to pick up my child. I'll be back in about 45 minutes. - Thank you for your patience, by the way).

Will I need to run calibre through it again [mobi-to-mobi]? This issue does not occur when viewing it from calibre's viewer, but only when I view the ebook on the Kindle Paperwhite 1.

Don
Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No. File is ready to upload.

To be sure that we are on the same page: We talking about text on bottom of cover image on the book list?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No. File is ready to upload.

To be sure that we are on the same page: We talking about text on bottom of cover image on the book list?

Yes, the word 'personal' appears like a banner near the bottom of the image.

Don
Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

AcidWeb:

That fixed it! Thank you for your help in guiding me through this. I appreciate all that you've done.

Don
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Nice post. I always had this issue too. I will try later this weekend.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote