Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
zaphod666
zaphod666 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
New Nook owner chapter problems!

Hi everyone I am new to the forums and have recently just received my Nook. So far it has been a great E-reader (softrooted, it was the first thing I did) but I am stymied when it comes to a problem with some of my Calibre created chapters. I have followed this set of instructions :

A comic book collection is a .cbc file. A .cbc file is a zip file that contains other CBZ/CBR files. In addition the .cbc file must contain a simple text file called comics.txt, encoded in UTF-8. The comics.txt file must contain a list of the comics files inside the .cbc file, in the form filename:title, as shown below:

one.cbz:Chapter One
two.cbz:Chapter Two
three.cbz:Chapter Three

The .cbc file will then contain:

comics.txt
one.cbz
two.cbz
three.cbz

calibre will automatically convert this .cbc file into a e-book with a Table of Contents pointing to each entry in comics.txt.

I have done this and Calibre creates the chapters but unfortunately there are some rather annoying side-effects. The chapters point to the correct area of the ebook but it also shows every single page in the ebook as a separate link in the go to chapter area of the interface.

Basically Chapter 1 is first on the list like it should be but then the menu shows page 1, page 2, etc until it finally gets to chapter two. This makes for a lot of unnecessary scrolling to find the next chapter.

Short of editing the calibre generated epub files in another program is there any way to make the reader ony show the chapter links and not all the pages in between?
zaphod666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya, Zaphod. Good to have your company. You should have bought two Kobos -- one for each head -- so that you could double your reading. A Kobo member will, no doubt, be along soon to help with your teething troubles. Just wanted to say hello and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert